Aether Wing Kayle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xepherus

01-17-2013

First of all, I'm glad Kayle has gotten a legendary skin. However, I feel there was something off about it.

Disclaimer: Everything I mention here is in regards to the cosmetic aspects of Kayle.

Things I liked:
1. The attack animation. I love the large swings.
2. The new sword model, especially during Righteous Fury.
3. The splash particles of Righteous Fury. A bit less purging than the fire particles of the original Kayle, but more heavenly looking.
4. The recall animation. Great.

For something that cost 1820 RP and is considered legendary-type skin, I expected a lot more.

Things I didn't like:
1. The new wings/appearance makes her look "hextech-y". As far as I know, "Aether" (mythology) was the personification of the "upper sky", space and heaven. The hex-tech look doesn't fit her personality, and her speech lines.
2. The 2nd attack animation, the backhand swing, when (Righteous Fury is active) doesn't have the new attack sound. It still sounds the the normal attack sound sound,
3. The Reckoning particle looks WAY to similar to Special Forces Gangplank's parrley projectile. It also lacks the "omph!" (in terms of sound) when condemning/judging someone.
4. The sound of Righteous Fury attacks. Again, lacks "omph".

Suggestions:

1. Fill in the empty areas in Kayle's wings with a similar particle as Pulsefire Ezreal's jetpack In the shape of the wings. Hell, it would even be great if those particle are off by default and activated during Righteous Fury.
2. Add some more armor! Just look at Battleborn Kayle (only 975 RP), that armor is epic.

Ultimately it just doesn't feel like enough was done to give it a legendary status,

Scody

01-17-2013

The one thing which bothers me is that they made this Kayle legendary LEFT handed, when in all her skins she is right handed! Not to mention that the Splash for this skin clearly illustrates Kayle wielding her sword in her RIGHT hand, but in game it's left. Riot...Fix plz or will no buy.

Xepherus

01-17-2013

I didn't actually notice that. Wow, now it urks me lol!

xKhalessix

01-18-2013

The thing that I noticed the most about Aether Wing Kayle is the fact that she looks just like one of the angels from the Darksiders series. The exception being is that Kayle's armor is more form fitting where as the armor featured in Darksiders is bulkier, even on the female angels.