Punished for a player never connecting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

So I just queued up for a ranked game, team all seemed pretty decent during the select and we select a team comp that fits pretty well. So we start the game, load screen comes up and everyone seems to load just fine... except when I get into the game, our Jungle never moves. Clearly, he failed to connect. Does he reconnect? No. Hes gone for the game.

What follows is then an hour long match in which we are beating the opposing team pretty bad, but are having trouble making headway on past the inner turrets. The mid (a teemo) is pretty decent, and has been shrooming up our jungle pretty well. They know we only have 4, so they split the team up and take on 2 different turrets, while teemo makes sure we can't path through the jungle well.

We manage to ace them once or twice, but make little headway more than a turret or 2, because of how far pushed all of our lanes are. In the end, we fend them off with 3 inhibs down through 2 assualts, lose our nexus towers, fend them off another time, and then finally they manage to win when one of our players falls and we can't deal with all the super minions.

If someone NEVER connects to the game, why am I punished for this? Its not like he joined raged and quit.. he was never there. Why does the game begin with someone offline? If the load screen results in a player not being connected in ranked, why doesn't it just kick you back to the queue? Just getting tired of having connection issues rule my ranked games, like when my jungle doesn't come online for 3-4 minutes, or my top lane is getting 'attempted to reconnect' every few minutes.

Fanaticmogg

12-15-2012

Play a lot of games, and it'll even out. Keep in mind that, statistically, over a large number of games, the enemy team will get disconnectors 1.25 times as often as your team does. Also, it's still possible to win when down a player, so playing 4v5 shouldn't be a riskless way to gain Elo. Otherwise, people could just duo queue and have one player disconnect every game, making the other player never lose Elo.

Your ranking probably won't be accurate if it's based on just a few games, and definitely won't be if it's based on only one, but over the long run everything should even out.

sepetaiya

12-15-2012

You are punished because we are all punished, why should an enemy team of 5v4 get the same amount of elo for winning as a 5v5 winning team, but the 4v5 isnt penalized as much? It does all even out as mogg said, the elo system is much better than people complain about, (though there is an elo hell and no way around it since new players are paired with those who have played hundreds of ranked and new season is seeded therefore maintaing the elo hell zone).

Selcopa

12-15-2012

You didn't get punished, tribunal punishes. You lost a game. It sucks but it does happen. It will happen to the other team too.

An hour long match and it was 4v5, that's a good game to review. Its entirely likely that the game was winnable had you played just a smidgen better.

Finally. Suppose you won the game 4v5. I imagine you would come to the forums and post about how it's unfair and you don't deserve the elo because they should never had started the game. Right?

Shardbearer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I still think if someone doesn't connect or leaves before 10 minutes, then you should have the opportunity to 20 min surrender without elo loss. Winning team still gets elo. If the team doesn't surrender by 25 min, they still lose elo.

Leaver of course gets double elo loss.

Snafuz

12-15-2012

The system works. But I do think the leaver should lose a lot more than the normal amount of elo. At least 3x the amount as everyone else.

BigTallUgly

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticmogg View Post
Play a lot of games, and it'll even out. Keep in mind that, statistically, over a large number of games, the enemy team will get disconnectors 1.25 times as often as your team does. Also, it's still possible to win when down a player, so playing 4v5 shouldn't be a riskless way to gain Elo. Otherwise, people could just duo queue and have one player disconnect every game, making the other player never lose Elo.

Your ranking probably won't be accurate if it's based on just a few games, and definitely won't be if it's based on only one, but over the long run everything should even out.

Another ****** who doesnt know how Riot's elo system works but wants to post on the forums.

Unbelievable.

To everyone telling him a 4v5 was winnable, I'm just amazed at the hypocrisy. Frankly, maybe you should experience some 4v5's irl, and be told by the doctor in the hospitable that you were raped by a bunch of pussies and should review the fight in your head, cause that situation was totally winnable.

What a bunch of ****ing *******.

namora

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Another ****** who doesnt know how Riot's elo system works but wants to post on the forums.

Unbelievable.

To everyone telling him a 4v5 was winnable, I'm just amazed at the hypocrisy. Frankly, maybe you should experience some 4v5's irl, and be told by the doctor in the hospitable that you were raped by a bunch of pussies and should review the fight in your head, cause that situation was totally winnable.

Dude... You have to be trolling with that attitude... You're trolling, right? Because anything less is unforgivable.

on the topic of this post, review your 4v5, see what you could have done better and improve, don't sit there and think...I can't improve, that game was impossible...It's counter productive, and (pray/hope, whatever floats your boat) for riot to change "stuff" so that things get a bit fairer, mmk?

wanchaiferrai

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post

Unbelievable.

It's spelled hospital you n00b