Why Riot may disable "surrender" from ranked games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dombuldor

01-13-2013

I know some of you will agree, others do not, but here is the deal. In my past 3 ranked games, my team get frustrated because them self fed the other team. Making our team fall apart and start blaming each other for stupid mistakes. So, the first option is " lets surrender", instead of aboard different strategies that can be adopted, for example: back door, hold back until we get money, re-think focus, etc. But no, "lets' surrender" and we get and easy and free lost because the incompetence and negative attitude of the team.

I had 3 years now playing LOL, and I know from what we can recover and from what not. Riot what you suggest about this or fellows player, what you suggest, are you agree or not and why!

Airyk

01-13-2013

I've been playing for just as long and 1, for one, don't think it' a good idea. Most people usually have given whenever they surrender. By taking away the surrender option all that it's doing is giving the players "OK" to Leave Game or just dilly-dally until the other team pushes. Back when the surrender time was, i think 25 minutes, I seen people do it all the time. Just my opinion.

MoonLiteNite

01-18-2013

I only vote YES if the other team isn't ending when they clearly can.
Even if down 30kills i vote no and i fight.

And pro tip, mute *******s who **** talk teammates. No point in blaming people, it solves nothing.

Brycerras

01-18-2013

Surrendering allows matches to end when there is not likely a chance for a team to recover. Hence, when the enemy team has been playing exceptionally well and competently, haven't done anything that would imply they would throw the game, and have a fairly large lead that for a comeback, it would require extremely precise and well coordinated plays, and yes some luck. And while comebacks do happen, think realistically on how often they actually do in these scenarios. If the enemy team screws around and gives you openings, then yes. But in real good matches, its very rare that youll make the comeback.

So to disable the surrender option in ranked because in some games, people use it a little to much would be punishing those who use the surrender option correctly when the chances of victory are slim and the enemy team is just toying with you at that point.