Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Roll Preference

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So I am only around 6 months new to the game, but find it a fairly easy game and call my self slightly above average.
I have an idea to improve the champ select screen.

In most games you get in, you see this in the chat within the first 5secs
#1: MID
#3: MID
#4: ADC
#:1 **** you i called mid first!
#2: i am not supporting again!

Ect.. kinda retarded.
What my immature self has been doing is, if i am first pick, i am picking who i want, and stating my role, I would say about 25% of the games, the ******* who "called" the role first also takes it, so we end up with 2mids or whatever and generally the other team reports him, as i was first pick, shown in order on TAB and end game results.

My idea would be to give players a skill order that they can create of their preferred roles.
So like by your name, or by your champ select icon you would see.

Mid: 1
Jungle: 2
Top: 5
ADC: 4
Support: 3

The problem with this is not everyone plays "the meta game" and in reality it is a free game, that you can play as you want, as long as you are not breaking riot rules.
Which i guess by someone going mid, after first pick goes mid, isn't breaking rules, nor is being a 2nd jungler instead of support.

But I feel it would be a nice thing to have, and would allow people, like myself to maybe take the least played wanted role, and allow someone else to do another role.
It would give a better team understanding to each of the members.

Edit: Did i really say rolls? -.-