Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kill the King!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Jungle Or Feed

01-18-2013

The infamous Baron Nashor. The source of so many teamfights and arguments. Oh how great he is.

So let me ask a question...How many of you are satisfied with just 2 game modes to play, outside of customs? I understand this is a free game, and I love it. I'm okay with how it is currently and I'm not one of the OPs to just say something and move on. A new game type wouldn't be a bad thing to shy away from. It could spark interest for players that are getting bored, or it could just provide some variety for those of us that get tired of the standard Summoner's Rift gameplay.

KILL THE KING! 4 players, Free-For-All

Here it is guys and gals, Kill the King! Imagine the map shaped like a square, somewhat like it is now I guess haha. Each of the four players would have their fountain in a corner of said square. There would be a safety barrier that other players cannot pass, say 1500 range from the edge of each fountain to discourage trapping players.

In the center of the map, is the King Baron Nashor. He has 10X the health of the Summoner's Rift baron, but other stats are the same. The goal? Do the most damage to the Baron within the allotted time, and you claim Victory.

Players must enter this match type through solo queue to discourage duos playing together and double teaming the other two. There will still be a jungle, but the buffs from the Red Lizard and Blue Golem will be more massive. Including AD/AS/AP bonuses. Each corner will have one of each. They will respawn every 3 minutes. Killing other Champions is obviously allowed. You must be given an opportunity to thwart the amount of damage they do to the King.

Matches will have a time limit of 30 minutes. At that time, whoever has dealt the most damage wins. This ensures that people don't just run around and try to dunk other players. Although I'm sure that would happen regardless.

Not perfect just yet. I've been considering the idea of a Super Minion or Lesser Dragon protecting the King, and their death must come prior to you dealing any sort of damage to Baron. I mean what kind of King is just sitting out of the open waiting to get smashed?

So let me know how ya feel. Thanks!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rav Abaddon

01-18-2013

Yknow I quit playing Everquest because if you didn't raid you or make ridiculous money crafting you sucked.

Forgive me if I don't want to play a FFA raid boss competition.