Swain S3... Rush Liandry's or RoA?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naga

01-18-2013

I've always rushed Liandry's, right after I build a tear and have amazing results. So amazing that I'm scared to try RoA first and not have that extra damage + healing from Liandry's... What would you guys recommend?

Naga

01-18-2013

bump n_n

Bolshevik Muppet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Swain's build is very versatile, and his base damages are good enough to do some early lane bullying without rushing hard ap
good first items include:
Chalice
Hextech revolver
Catalyst
Haunting guise
Tear of the goddess

Granted, the Archangels/ROA build has it's strengths, but you can build him so many different ways and still be relevant

Ever thought about giving Athene's/WOTA/Rylai's/Liandry's and Zhonya's a shot? It makes him beefy enough to handle himself in teamfights, and your birds will keep flying even if you zhonyas, meaning that if you're in the middle of the enemy team, you're a big angry slowing snaring bird that can zhonya's his way back up to near full health if he gets focused

Generally I find he does very well as an ap bruiser up top, he can have a field day with a lot of the common tops (especially if they lack gapclosers) and he doesn't HAVE to be the primary ap carry, so he does fine without deathcap, and if you get chalice/keep blue on him, he'll never have mana problems, as well as near infinite sustain

EDIT: forgot to mention that DFG is another GREAT big ap item on him, the 20% bonus magic dmg on the active + the extra 20% bonus damage on his E (at max rank) can REALLY make your abilities hit a single target HARD

Skaliton

01-18-2013

OP no1 should ever rush liandry's ever

an item that does more damage to an enemy with hp, close to full hp does not help early game laning

maybe get guise but thats it

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Liandry's is inherently a better mid or late game item...rushing it is only good if the enemy is rushing giant's belts.

Druzark

01-18-2013

Keep guise, upgrade it later, not first

Voidgolem

01-18-2013

Swain gets away with it because Liandry + Laserbird = OP.

Pldl

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaliton View Post
OP no1 should ever rush liandry's ever

an item that does more damage to an enemy with hp, close to full hp does not help early game laning

maybe get guise but thats it
I agree. Liandry's is not an early game item. Only get it if some of them are rushing warmog's/sunfire cape.

Naga

01-18-2013

So don't rush it.. O: Ok! Just the mask and move on.. mk, mk. Thanks!

Vivid

01-18-2013

RoA first. RoA is one of those items you NEED to get around 13-16 minutes into the game or else it won't be as effective. After RoA build what you want.