so. I'm a terrible newb/feeder/idiot every game I play...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuZpEcT

11-29-2009

When did we stop getting exp/ip from practice games?

GNOY

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
I need IP. Why should I sacrifice the ability to buy runes just because the matchmaking system is flawed? No thanks, I'd rather lose in games that give IP than play pointless practice fake games.

Actually, maybe the reason I lose is lack of proper runes? 120 hp for nothing sure would be nice to have, but I won't ever get those runes from playing practice games.
Thats why ppl you play with thinks you are ******, when you feed with champion you never played before. Greed is bad. You will get much more IP if you will win. If you want to win you need to take heroes you can play well. You need to have at least 3 mains for solo queue - tank, carry, caster/support, so you can pick based on what your team lacks.

JeffryWinkles

11-29-2009

Fact - Practice/Normal Game Doesn't Matter, if you lose and are teamed up with Jerks you will be Flamed...

that being said, Learn to ignore Nerd Rage, not even a bottle of Chill Pills will calm down these 20+ year olds with the Maturity of a 9 year old

gzboli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Practice games are actually very poor places to learn a new character =/
Most of the players in there are low level, and many appear to be new to dota-style games. Even with heroes I don't know I do well, and don't get much out of the experience.

Rapshiko

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
No, normal games are intended to be low pressure "for fun" games -- so we don't show ratings or losses.

No lie.

Nerdrage

11-30-2009

Quote:
I need IP. Why should I sacrifice the ability to buy runes just because the matchmaking system is flawed? No thanks, I'd rather lose in games that give IP than play pointless practice fake games.

Actually, maybe the reason I lose is lack of proper runes? 120 hp for nothing sure would be nice to have, but I won't ever get those runes from playing practice games.
Really? REAAAAAALLLLY?!

You're blaming your inadequacies with most characters outside of the 2-3 you're good with, and the losses that come with them, on the matchmaking system?

That's ridiculous. You're bad with characters that you don't have experience with, that's understandable. Most of us are. But seriously blaming your losses on the matchmaking because you're bad at characters? Retarded!

Take your losses, stop *****ing. All the runes in the world won't make up for lack of skill with champions so it's better that you learn them.

Monolith

11-30-2009

Quote:
...when I don't select one of the three heroes I played while leveling up my summoner.

This is a horrible flaw in the matchmaker. I lose about 90% of the games I play and I know I am mostly to blame, because I have been trying to learn new champions instead of riding on the ones I am good with. I feel sorry for the players I get matched with.

Of course this only screws over the people I play against when I go back to playing with friends in a premade, as I switch back to a character I am good with and we face newbies because I tanked my Elo rating so much practicing new heroes...

edit: there seems to be some confusion, so let me clarify: I am OKAY with this. I know it sucks for the people i get matched up with, but I'd rather lose and gain IP than play practice games. To me this seems like a flaw in the system. Even if I don't "abuse" it, other people will. Why play "practice" games for 0 IP when you can just practice in a real game? I just think it's a flaw that needs to be fixed at the matchmaker/engine level rather than expect players to change how they play when learning new heroes.
Hi <3

Razerwind

11-30-2009

Play 1 practice match against bots. If you don't know how to play the champion you're interested in after that then you have a learning disability. If you can't take the time to play a single bot match to learn a champion, then you're a selfish ahole.

Burninator

11-30-2009

Quote:
...when I don't select one of the three heroes I played while leveling up my summoner.

This is a horrible flaw in the matchmaker. I lose about 90% of the games I play and I know I am mostly to blame, because I have been trying to learn new champions instead of riding on the ones I am good with. I feel sorry for the players I get matched with.

Of course this only screws over the people I play against when I go back to playing with friends in a premade, as I switch back to a character I am good with and we face newbies because I tanked my Elo rating so much practicing new heroes...

edit: there seems to be some confusion, so let me clarify: I am OKAY with this. I know it sucks for the people i get matched up with, but I'd rather lose and gain IP than play practice games. To me this seems like a flaw in the system. Even if I don't "abuse" it, other people will. Why play "practice" games for 0 IP when you can just practice in a real game? I just think it's a flaw that needs to be fixed at the matchmaker/engine level rather than expect players to change how they play when learning new heroes.
A few notes: Practice games are where you want to test your new heroes and learn the fundamentals of their abilities. It's not generally a challenge, no, but it's a great place to learn the mechanics of a hero. You probably deserve your "tanked" ELO because only knowing how to play 3 heroes is generally a fairly big handicap in this genre because it also means that you're unaware of how enemy champions will behave or what they're capable of. Feeding because of some selfish and misguided desire to earn IP instead of learning a champion in an environment where you can't hurt your team is your own failure, not one of the matchmaking system.

Darklord

Adjudicator

11-30-2009

There is a lot of unneeded flaming going on in here...the OP does have a good point, one that has been discussed at length in the past. Unfortunately, there isn't really a good fix for it other then trying to adjust elo based on your record with each individual champion. Hopefully the introduction of ranked games will help with this, as people who want to play seriously can play ranked games and those who want to have a more relaxed game or learn a new character can play a normal game.