so. I'm a terrible newb/feeder/idiot every game I play...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakantus

11-29-2009

...when I don't select one of the three heroes I played while leveling up my summoner.

This is a horrible flaw in the matchmaker. I lose about 90% of the games I play and I know I am mostly to blame, because I have been trying to learn new champions instead of riding on the ones I am good with. I feel sorry for the players I get matched with.

Of course this only screws over the people I play against when I go back to playing with friends in a premade, as I switch back to a character I am good with and we face newbies because I tanked my Elo rating so much practicing new heroes...

edit: there seems to be some confusion, so let me clarify: I am OKAY with this. I know it sucks for the people i get matched up with, but I'd rather lose and gain IP than play practice games. To me this seems like a flaw in the system. Even if I don't "abuse" it, other people will. Why play "practice" games for 0 IP when you can just practice in a real game? I just think it's a flaw that needs to be fixed at the matchmaker/engine level rather than expect players to change how they play when learning new heroes.

Here on Earth

11-29-2009

So play Practice games instead of ruining peoples games by being a failure.

smithz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Practice games are win.

Drakantus

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here on Earth View Post
So play Practice games instead of ruining peoples games by being a failure.
Practice is a joke. I have played practice, but stomping bots doesn't teach you to play.

Also, this is my time. I know it sucks for my teammates, but at least I get some IP for losing with a new hero, it's just not worth my time to play practice games for no gain.

Here on Earth

11-29-2009

Pro tip: Practice games can be played with real people.

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

There is practice against human players.

Drakantus

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by looney View Post
There is practice against human players.
That is what I am doing, and the human players on my team don't like losing, but we do because of elo :P

Puff

11-29-2009

Here is a CRAZY CONCEPT:

If you are good at this game, you can play everyone, in the ELO bracket you are in. Top Tier play you might not be as on, but in low level, shouldnt effect it one bit.

It is simple.

*edit*

Make a SMURF and play on noobie island to learn.

Nerdrage

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
That is what I am doing, and the human players on my team don't like losing, but we do because of elo :P
Okay, here's a step by step tutorial on how to play practice games with people, not bots, that have nothing to do with Elo.

Click Play
Click Practice & Bot Games
Join a practice game with some people.
Wait for it to fill
???????
PROFIT!!!!

Drakantus

11-30-2009

I need IP. Why should I sacrifice the ability to buy runes just because the matchmaking system is flawed? No thanks, I'd rather lose in games that give IP than play pointless practice fake games.

Actually, maybe the reason I lose is lack of proper runes? 120 hp for nothing sure would be nice to have, but I won't ever get those runes from playing practice games.