Would it be beneficial to grant assist gold for minion kills?

Yes, 1 gold per kill 12 57.14%
No 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Should we grant assist gold for minion kills?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

What would be the gameplay ramifications for granting assist gold for minion kills? Let's say 1 gold per assist.

I think it'd add some interesting gameplay decisions for supports in bottom lane. To maximize your gold intake, you'd want to get a hit on as many minions as possible before your ADC gets the kill. It'd make you far less reliant on having to use gold quints or gold / per 5 items.

But you have to way those advantages against the fact that:

- You could make yourself vulnerable to harass
- You might push the lane, making yourself vulnerable to junglers
- You might accidentally get the kill, stealing CS from your ADC
- If you're a harassing support like Blitz, spending time wacking minions means less time hiding in the bush to land a grab

Thoughts?

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Bump!

Trivle

01-17-2013

It'd have to be low considering you're taking some gold from the original amount(pool) that it started at and then there would pose the issue of Soraka becoming the most wanted support for her ability to out gold the other supports.

BrightNooblar

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivle View Post
It'd have to be low considering you're taking some gold from the original amount(pool) that it started at and then there would pose the issue of Soraka becoming the most wanted support for her ability to out gold the other supports.
Nunu? He can get as many minion assists, and still be impactful on lane in a positive way.

Cynicatt

01-17-2013

No. It convinces players as support to autoattack minions and push the lane. And, well, kind of pushes gp5s out of the mix a little. I mean yes, buying philo stone, you are waiting 20 minutes for the gp5 to make up for buying the item in the first place, but 1 gold per kill is so minimal i can't see it really impacting your gold pool too terribly much. As is, I'm not having a hard time with my support building items it needs, so overall i'd say it's a poor idea.

Wise Squirrel

01-17-2013

How about ambient minion death gold to nearby champions that DID NOT autoattack it?

Paqi

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
As is, I'm not having a hard time with my support building items it needs, so overall i'd say it's a poor idea.
Oh, this isn't mean to be a solution to a problem, per se. I was just curious if this would add more interesting game play options.

I shouldn't have specified "1 gold" in the poll. I wouldn't be opposed to having more gold per hit, if it were balanced.

Patchness

01-18-2013

I voted yes for a laugh.