Morgana Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

toothierosprey3

2 Weeks Ago

Mid Morgana walks into a bar. There's no counter. No, seriously, how do you go against morg mid? You can't push her to the turret, she has amazing wave clear. You also can't harass her because of her passive spell vamp. Forget about all inning her when she can block all cc and loads of damage. Even ganking her is hard because she can block cc and use her 3 second snare. Ganking for her is a breeze because of all that cc packed into all her skills. Lastly, her team fighting is amazing, use your black shield, press r, then use zhonyas. You can tell me that counter picking her works, but counter picking isn't reliable and it's non-existent in blind pick. So how do I go against Morgana mid?

SophiaHearts

2 Weeks Ago

When I play Morgana mid I hate playing against Zed. His poke never ends and there is no clearing faster than him unless I want to take that poke. Level 6 he can pretty much ult me under my tower.

toothierosprey3

2 Weeks Ago

Yeah I've noticed as mids counter her pretty hard, but as someone who never uses any ad mids, I can never beat her.

Dark Nephthys

2 Weeks Ago

Stay behind your minions so that she can't hit you with her snare (Although if she's one of the people who go Mid Morgana with Smite then becareful for the smiting minion infront of you to surprise snare you).

Bait out her shield with one of your spells, remember that her shield is like 20 or so seconds cooldown. Also her wave clear is really only strong if she maxes her soil first. If she maxes her soil first then her snare would only be 2 seconds and not that strong until maxed. Considering that pre6, her only damage is from that snare and soil (Snare being an easy to dodge and slow projectile, and the soil just being on an area) if she uses her soil to farm/clear minions then you can go and harass her a little as long as your careful of her snare.

Although at level 6, watch out. Getting hit by a snare is almost always going to be followed up by a Shield>Flash>Ult>Soil>Ignite and if you didn't get out of it then your probably dead.

You could tell which skill their maxing by see'ing how much the minions are taking from tormented soil. If the minions are dying quickly and only needed the soil to clear the minions, chances are their maxing that first. Also the tormented soil does take a lot of mana, so they might start going oom if they farm with it a lot.

This is coming from some one who used to main Morgana mid. I stopped playing her recently and started to main Akali, Kennen and Anivia.

altayruu

2 Weeks Ago

Zed, Ziggs and Yasuo can be tough.

Kstaraga

2 Weeks Ago

I find that playing Morgana mid, she's not that OP...it's just when and if she can get a good combo of her snare, tormented soil, and soul shackles off. If she can't hit you - she's useless. She has good pushing power especially with her spell vamp, but stay behind minions so she at least can't hit you with her snare. She has a hard time with Zed most definitely because of his poke, Yasuo can at least block her snare, and Ziggs has a lot more poking power than she does.

67chrome

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothierosprey3 View Post
No, seriously, how do you go against morg mid?
She simply turns it into a farm lane, that's not exactly hard to deal with - especially as most AP mids. You can run someone with an awful early game like Karthus against her and just farm up and get big. Morganna is almost impossible to push out of lane or kill, but she doesn't bring much kill potential herself.

Also - Morganna isn't that great against physical damage champions, especially ones that have all their power placed directly in damage without much of anything in CC. Even Vayne can lane against her.

altayruu

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
Also - Morganna isn't that great against physical damage champions, especially ones that have all their power placed directly in damage without much of anything in CC. Even Vayne can lane against her.

Ehhh. That's not true. Zed & Yasuo are only good against her because they have good free wave clear and are hard to harass.

Vayne would lose the lane to a good Morg, she cant push morg back / in like the others can. It's also worth noting while she's poor against them, Zhonyas is pretty core so it doesn't hurt her as much as it would hurt a lux for example

W1ldside

2 Weeks Ago

Will always be the queen of mid lane.

CerealBoxOfDoom

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothierosprey3 View Post
Mid Morgana walks into a bar. There's no counter.
You don't need a counter to get served, especially with a cute server like ahri doing her rounds