Tried out Kha'Zix after nerf

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeiYouSiLa

01-18-2013

Just had my first game with the new nerfed Kha'Zix in the top lane and imo there are some visible changes during the game

Yes you can still jump to the back line or somehow sneak to the back and damage their carries pretty bad but the changes on his passive is pretty obvious when I played the game

during early lvls you just don't deal that much damage anymore with you passive and the slow nerfs effect setting up ganks

the damage nerf on Q is not that visible but now you just can't instabomb someone when they're isolated

everything else is just same old same old but I expect to see new strategies for Kha'Zix soon due to these changes

Honved

01-18-2013

I am a Kha' Zix player too, I build him to solo a lane since he is all about getting those that are cut off. I did notice a drop in his q because ussually I go after the frustrating enemy champions like the Ap yi. His heal move use to be no problem because of my passive and q. Not to say that I played him because he was overpowered but if it was 1v1 I had a good chance of winning. I got him because of his lore and loved the predator void entity that hunted isolated prey.
Before the nerf I could still lose and it was very real that I knew I had to wait and set up ambushes, which I could do 1v1 to over zealous players. (Those garen riders and whatnot.) However after the nerf Even with my awesome sauce solo build I have noticed that 1v1 is not in my favor. So what is the point of players a 1v1 assassin if he can't be competitive in 1v1?

As a side note lore wise. Nerfing him while giving his rival (Rengar) a buff when they both nearly killed each other is a bit rediculous. Im not saying he needed a buff but he didn't need to be nerfed. He has no slows or stuns and depends on doing some damage from range then finishing them off in melee. He is no longer capable of that in early to mid game without help.

Zaurok

01-18-2013

IMO they should've reduced the slow when used with W only and keeping his passive for his AA where it was.

His W applying that big slow was a bit OP.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Kha'zix is largely unaffected by these nerfs.
The lower slow sucks, but it doesn't really change his ability to gank out of the jungle.
The damage change on his Q sucks, but it still bombs pretty well. I had no trouble with Kha'zix jungle when I played him after the nerfs.

Went well above positive in both games I played with him and felt strong all game.
Hopefully they don't continue to nerf him though.

NoobMule

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

It is so hard to 1v1 anyone now with the nerfs. He was made to 1v1 now he can barely 1v1. If you try to build some sustain items you lose your damage and pretty much die. If you build all AD you end up dying because the nerf on his Q and the passive since now the person can run away now. Riot designed him to be master at 1v1, that is why he is feared to 1v1, causing teams to group up. Now teams just laugh and can stomp khazix until he's useless. I feel riot over-nerfed him like rengar. I understand he needs nerfs but not this bad. Riot sometimes end up over nerfing champions...a lot...

Nishaven90

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobMule View Post
It is so hard to 1v1 anyone now with the nerfs. He was made to 1v1 now he can barely 1v1. If you try to build some sustain items you lose your damage and pretty much die. If you build all AD you end up dying because the nerf on his Q and the passive since now the person can run away now. Riot designed him to be master at 1v1, that is why he is feared to 1v1, causing teams to group up. Now teams just laugh and can stomp khazix until he's useless. I feel riot over-nerfed him like rengar. I understand he needs nerfs but not this bad. Riot sometimes end up over nerfing champions...a lot...
Kha'Zix wasn't meant to 1v1, he was meant to take down isolated targets. Kha'Zix couldn't beat many people 1v1 before the nerf.

Lexinus

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven90 View Post
Kha'Zix wasn't meant to 1v1, he was meant to take down isolated targets. Kha'Zix couldn't beat many people 1v1 before the nerf.
Isolated is alone in my dictionary. Maybe not in the Derptionary.

NoobMule

01-18-2013

I agree, 1v1 does mean they are isolated...riot went to far with this nerf. They have always done that, and I am not crying because I play him. It is cause he is now useless in team compositions. I played a couple matches and each time I pick kha'zix they end up dodging because they know kha'zix is useless now. He brings nothing to the table for the team. Have fun bursting the carry because they can easily shut you down.

Honved

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven90 View Post
Assassin melee who has had his melee nerfed. Either they need to add a stun to his leap or simply put him back the way he was. This is just rediculous! I can't build him like a solo fighter and can't push lanes like I used to because unless it's some third string champ they just tear you apart.

He is a champion who is has moves to be used in combat but can't finish off in combat so now he is more of a scavenger who has to ks. If that was his intended role then he is a hamper and handicap on teams not an asset.

SeiYouSiLa

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honved View Post

As a side note lore wise. Nerfing him while giving his rival (Rengar) a buff when they both nearly killed each other is a bit rediculous. Im not saying he needed a buff but he didn't need to be nerfed. He has no slows or stuns and depends on doing some damage from range then finishing them off in melee. He is no longer capable of that in early to mid game without help.
yea, they should really make Kha'Zix and Rengar to exact power and potential due to the lore

I did cope with early game against a Pantheon better than I expected given that Pantheon is just early game beast, but I used to be able to get a kill or two in the laning phase but now i'm relying on ganks

the 1v1 potential is definitely down since I tried to 1v1 the Pantheon and got destroyed

12345 ... 6