Make "Summoned" animations! Riot pls

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaldwellYSR

02-08-2013

My problem with this is it makes people want to sit in spawn more at the beginning... It's already hard enough in normals and/or low level ranked to get plays to gtfo of spawn early to invade or protect from invades. Adding in animations like this would just make people sit there longer.

LuxOG

02-08-2013

LMAO mundo coming from the enemy nexus

Chilly5

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRandomJr View Post
Haunted maokai crawls out of the ground already.
If you read my post. I gave haunted maokai as an example already.

Last I checked he doesnt crawl out of the ground at the beginning of the game.

The suggestion is that more new skins and new champions should implement respawn/spawn animations at the beginning of the game.

RayMkII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Loooooooooooooooooove thiiiiiiiis!!!!!!

Chilly5

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miestr Spounk View Post
Personally, I don't want this. Not because it's a bad idea, but it wouldn't fit with the idea of champions being summoned. They don't "make an entrance", they are teleported there by summoners (as you can see in the Dominion Cinematic at around 0:35).
I actually referenced the Dominion cinematic in my original post.

If you'll remember in the animation, J4 is seen buckling down his armor, and then "floating upwards into the light." When he gets summoned in, he lands in a 3-point pose on the ground along with his compatriots. So au contraire, he does have a "summoning animation."

Moreover, that video showed Ryze taking cover behind a rock to block MF's ultimate, and Mordekaiser broke the rock with his mace...
...so we can't really take that video 100%.

Think of these animations as stylized renditions of what might happen realistically, just as everything else in this game is a stylized rendition of what might happen in a more "realistic" (ala dominion vid) situation.

Chilly5

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaldwellYSR View Post
My problem with this is it makes people want to sit in spawn more at the beginning... It's already hard enough in normals and/or low level ranked to get plays to gtfo of spawn early to invade or protect from invades. Adding in animations like this would just make people sit there longer.
A 2 second animation is all that is needed. It really wouldn't have an impact imo.

Someone gave a suggestion of a 5 second stall period when the game begins, where you cant move for 5 seconds. This allows the animation to play, people to buy, and people with slow computers to load. I for one really back this idea and I'm appalled that Riot has not already implemented this.

lnrael

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Isn't that problem caused by alt tabbing?
actually, no =(

Glarolar

02-09-2013

Riot hire this man, best idea NA

Chilly5

02-09-2013

Very close to 300 likes!

Chilly5

02-09-2013

4 more likes!