Make "Summoned" animations! Riot pls

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chilly5

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venova View Post
I would like this or even some kind of brief intro cinematic where all players would see all 10 champions spawn into the game before the clock starts, they would spawn one by one on the summoner platform with some nice front camera view so you can see them and their little spawn animation (older champions could just do a part of a taunt animation or something and one of their skill effects, so it would be easy and quick for riot to do) - perhaps the announcer could also announce each champion, or the champions could say their names. I think riot has recordings of most champions saying their names, if they don't they should.
THIS is an example of a tedious over-the-top and energy-wasteful and time-consuming effect.
It's a little too big of a jump I think for something like this to happen.

Chilly5

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGE View Post
Except i'm not rushing to buy and secure jungle positioning when i recall so the animation is actually something i can apreciate EVERY TIME...
Most of the time when I recall...
I find myself looking at other places in the map.
Checking if my recall position is safe.
Finding items to buy in the store.
More often than not, I do not notice the recall animation. BUT. It's still incredibly good to have, as it adds flavor to the game, and character to the champions. That's something that I really appreciate. It "brings life" to this game. So that it's not a dead/relatively lifeless RTS knock-off.

Same idea with spawn animations. It's a 2 second animation. It shouldnt be long. If you want to shop/leave asap, you can do so. But the flavor will always be there. and the one or two times you actually focus on watching it, it'll add flavor/character to the game.

Plus there's the idea that Riot should implement a 5second "shop" delay, that allows people to buy items, finish connecting, etc. Something that I for one think is necessary, since this game should not be about "who can buy items faster."

SadKeanu

02-04-2013

No mention of Taric? Really? Oh well, looks like it's up to me.

The animation starts with a portal of shining light opening on the ground. Out from the portal comes out Taric fully naked, his "shame"covered by a bright glow. He levitates above the portal with his arms outstretched to either side as multicolored gems fly out from the portal. The gems spin around him before slamming into him, forming his armor. Then, he slowly falls to the ground, casually lowering his arms as his hammer and shield fly out the portal before closing. He grabs them, flips his ponytail behind him, then takes his pose.

Chilly5

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadKeanu View Post
No mention of Taric? Really? Oh well, looks like it's up to me.

The animation starts with a portal of shining light opening on the ground. Out from the portal comes out Taric fully naked, his "shame"covered by a bright glow. He levitates above the portal with his arms outstretched to either side as multicolored gems fly out from the portal. The gems spin around him before slamming into him, forming his armor. Then, he slowly falls to the ground, casually lowering his arms as his hammer and shield fly out the portal before closing. He grabs them, flips his ponytail behind him, then takes his pose.
...Jesus Christ...
...Okay I'll add this to the original post.

The Illusionaryy

02-04-2013

Anivia's egg hatches.

Chilly5

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusionaryy View Post
Anivia's egg hatches.
Wow that's a good one. I'm surprised no one's brought it up yet.

Fongletto

02-04-2013

bump

Qsario

02-04-2013

Janna appears inside a tornado.

Main problem is that this is an all champions + all skins kind of problem. They might do this more in new skins / during reworks, but it'd be hard to justify most of the time.

Though I suppose it's possible that if the art department was ever bored, they could slowly do one or two of these at a time over a long period of time. I sincerely doubt they're that lacking for work, though.

KobuZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Ashe could step out of an icy portal and twirl her bow around, that'd be cool. Badass idea.

Chilly5

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
Janna appears inside a tornado.

Main problem is that this is an all champions + all skins kind of problem. They might do this more in new skins / during reworks, but it'd be hard to justify most of the time.

Though I suppose it's possible that if the art department was ever bored, they could slowly do one or two of these at a time over a long period of time. I sincerely doubt they're that lacking for work, though.
I'm just imagining this as something they should include in upcoming reworks/champs/skins.

Evidence of this not being "too much work" is referenced in my original post.
AKA Some champions already have respawn animations! Specifically Haunted Maokai, Zombie Brand, and Thresh.
Zombie Brand for instance, sticks a hand out of the ground, and crawls out of it in dramatic zombie fashion. It takes 2 seconds to complete the animation, and it is AWESOME.
Now just imagine that happening at the beginning of the game right after it finishes loading.
Links to videos are provided in my original post.

I mean as it stands right now, I don't know if people have noticed or not, but in the big professional, casted, games, the beginning of the game isnt even broadcasted.
The casters don't even show the first 5 seconds of the game where the champions have just been summoned, and the pros are quickly buying their items.
The camera just focuses on the casters talking, until after the players start walking out they switch the camera focus.
It's as though riot is embarrassed about the beginning of the game or something!
And to be honest, they should be! Its horrifically out-dated. And it's very-much something to be cut-out of championship casted games. This should change.