Make "Summoned" animations! Riot pls

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hangman401

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly5 View Post
What's wrong with Malz floating up out of the void?
Think about it, Malz is always floating off the ground. It makes sense for him to simply float forward through a portal, maintaining flotation off the ground, rather than to exert the extra energy to float himself off the ground going upwards through a portal.

Spew

01-28-2013

What if people wanted to get into the jungle to invade straight away, kinda of a burden

Chilly5

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spew View Post
What if people wanted to get into the jungle to invade straight away, kinda of a burden
So...I mean...did you read the post?

It's a cosmetic animation...so similar to how if you are recalling right now, and your champion's recall animation is playing, if suddenly enemy Annie comes out of the bush, are you forced to stand there and suffer your recall animation? No, you can instantaneously cancel it.
So its a 2-second animation at the beginning of the game, that adds immediate flavor, but if you want to be fast and get out to the jungle you can cancel the animation just like any other.

Another person suggested the idea of a 5-second "buying" period, during which the animation would play. This would help people with slower computers, and remove some of the cheese that is "buying items really fast to bum rush the jungle."

Chilly5

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman401 View Post
Think about it, Malz is always floating off the ground. It makes sense for him to simply float forward through a portal, maintaining flotation off the ground, rather than to exert the extra energy to float himself off the ground going upwards through a portal.
Idk if that logic holds given fantasy physics...

But I can kind of see what you mean, and I think you're right, Malz going forward through a portal would be more appropriate.

Chilly5

02-03-2013

bump

Chilly5

02-03-2013

Bump again. No shame. When will this finally happen????
League of legends is no longer a warcraft mod! Stop retaining ugly archaic mechanics from it!

SUGE

02-03-2013

seems like it would take a large sum of resources that i personally would rather see riot spending elsewhere, i.e old skin reworks.

As is i (as well as most other players from my knowledge) bring up the shop nearly immediately and then leave the base as fast as i can in an attempt to establish my opening position safely.

Chilly5

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by suge View Post
seems like it would take a large sum of resources that i personally would rather see riot spending elsewhere, i.e old skin reworks.

As is i (as well as most other players from my knowledge) bring up the shop nearly immediately and then leave the base as fast as i can in an attempt to establish my opening position safely.
My good man! Have you no vision?!
Its not about the work.
Was riot thinking about the work when they decided to implement recall animations for every champion?!
Heck even every new skin has fancier and fancier recall animations!
Its about the vision my friend.
The vision!
A vision of a game...that is not rooted down by its humble beginnings.
A vision of a game that is willing to take up the mantle of innovation - At the forefront of an entirely new genre of gaming!
This
is
not
a
Warcraft mod.
Not anymore!
This game is about the champions! Its a game for the champions!
And gosh darn it these champions deserve to have summon animations!

edit- this speech, far more epic when I had capslock on. do the forums cancel-out capslock?

Venova

02-03-2013

I would like this or even some kind of brief intro cinematic where all players would see all 10 champions spawn into the game before the clock starts, they would spawn one by one on the summoner platform with some nice front camera view so you can see them and their little spawn animation (older champions could just do a part of a taunt animation or something and one of their skill effects, so it would be easy and quick for riot to do) - perhaps the announcer could also announce each champion, or the champions could say their names. I think riot has recordings of most champions saying their names, if they don't they should.

SUGE

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly5 View Post
My good man! Have you no vision?!
Its not about the work.
Was riot thinking about the work when they decided to implement recall animations for every champion?!
Heck even every new skin has fancier and fancier recall animations!
Its about the vision my friend.
The vision!
A vision of a game...that is not rooted down by its humble beginnings.
A vision of a game that is willing to take up the mantle of innovation - At the forefront of an entirely new genre of gaming!
This
is
not
a
Warcraft mod.
Not anymore!
This game is about the champions! Its a game for the champions!
And gosh darn it these champions deserve to have summon animations!

edit- this speech, far more epic when I had capslock on. do the forums cancel-out capslock?
Except i'm not rushing to buy and secure jungle positioning when i recall so the animation is actually something i can apreciate EVERY TIME...