Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Make "Summoned" animations! Riot pls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chilly5

01-19-2013

Quote:
Syrusa:
I am going to thumbs down. Seems like a lot of work just for something thats only going to happen for login. Cant have it on deaths, what if it takes an extra few seconds away and that costs your team a tower?

Nah I would rather have them focus on more important things then spend resources on useless start of game stuff..

So...get this, it's not a "forced" animation. It can be canceled.
Much like you can ctrl+1 on Nautilus and play his joke, which makes him swim in the air...but if an enemy comes, are you screwed because you are slowly swimming in the air? No. You can just right click and instantly move Nautilus. It's a cosmetic animation, so it will never put you in a situation where it causes you to lose a tower.

If you think about it, spawn animations are about as "useless" as "b" animations, yet Riot has plenty of resources to spend on fanciful new "b" animations, so I argue that there's room to spare for some spawn animations too.

Chilly5

01-19-2013

Quote:
skraman:
Is this from Smash Bros Brawl? Because they do the same and it's really cool. +1.

Yes! Same kind of idea. I mentioned Smash Bros in my topic post.
Smash Bros uses it to pay homage to the backgrounds behind their characters. I feel like League could take inspiration from this. Make the start of the game feel a little bit more "legit."

Rhodyn

01-19-2013

Quote:
Rhodyn:
Xerath Appears in an Arcane barrage.

Can u plz put down my idea chilly?

Z3ratu1

01-19-2013

This is what LoL needs!

Chilly5

01-20-2013

Quote:
Rhodyn:
Can u plz put down my idea chilly?

Hrm but wouldn't it be more lore-fitting if he had some kind of "release" animation?

Like...he is egg-formed...and then he turns on and the lightning breaks out and shapes into Xerath.

DementedLord

01-20-2013

Quote:

Lulu's hat poops her out

Yes.

Shadowed Ruby

01-20-2013

I love the Eloquence of Lulu's hat pooping her out.

GRYFFINDOR! *That tasted purple*

Aelethe

01-20-2013

I'm quite familiar with the Quarter screen bug, at least one incarnation of it. I play with windowed mode on dual monitors. If I'm browsing something on the second monitor while the first monitor is going from the lobby/launcher to the game, any action made like clicking or back/forwarding on the browser (or any other window or software) will cause the launch to go into the quarter screen mode. Only way to fix it from there for me is to try and swap back to full screen if I'm lucky, or just close the client and reconnect.

So any time I'm launching a game, I'll always stop doing anything until the game goes to the load screen after the timer has counted down. Once the load screen is up, you're free to do whatever.

Synisis

01-20-2013

Why you come up with such a good idea..

shadooklaw

01-20-2013

Does Nocturne spiral out of the nexus or out of a shadow aswell?