ABAM and ADAM metas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarise

01-18-2013

Can someone please enlighten me as to if there are any metas that exist in ABAM (all blind all mid) and ADAM (all draft all mid)? I'm curious to try them but don't want to get flamed for picking something out of the box.

Thanks

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

An optimal team would be:
- long range poke with massive damage (Jayce, Nidalee, Xerath, Fiddlesticks)
- ranged AD of any kind, preferrably Varus/Sivir/MF/Cait
- true healer, like Soraka/Sona/Taric, always build them AP, they are useless if built support

That's the core. The other 2 slots are usually filled in depending on what you want. You can get a dedicated AoE tank and another powerful mage or AD carry (Amumu/AP Yi), or you can get double bruisers, like Jax and Darius.

When in doubt, pick AP Yi, he's broken beyond comprehension on Proving Grounds.

Zielmann

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
An optimal team would be:When in doubt, pick AP Yi, he's broken beyond comprehension on Proving Grounds.
I have to disagree with this statement. First, if you aren't comfortable with or don't know how to play Yi, don't pick him. As with any other champion, if the person doesn't know how to play him, he'll still render himself essentially useless. Second, I simply don't find Yi to be all that big a deal. I've seen Yi's carry their team to victory as often as any other champion in the game. And I've seen them lose a lot.

Can't really comment on ABAM and ADAM, as I only play ARAM. But I would expect that a less-commonly picked role for it would be the tanky derp bruisers, because I imagine that everybody wants to play the broken poke champs (nidalee, jayce, etc). But having one or two of these on your team is always helpful. The early game is sometimes less than stellar with these champs, but later on you can become a terror. Things like Warwick, Wukong, or Mundo.

Based off what I've seen work and not work in ARAM, I'd say that another big thing is to make sure your team's damage is varied. If a bunch of people are taking mages or mage-tanks, pick an ADC or AD bruiser.

footfoe

01-18-2013

No AP Yi really is unstoppable on proving grounds. Sure you can mess up with him and suck, but i've seen him get 5 penta kills in a single match. It's unbelievable.

I think really you just need the combination of good poke with great initiation. Wukong, amumu, malphite, olaf, some big cc and powerful bruiser the carries can't get away from.

Heres a great team.
Jayce
wukong
Morgana
Sivir
Blitzcrank

be sure to ban yi in draft.

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Soraka is the key to a poke team. Having Soraka wins games, even if you never level up starfall, and never attack.

Almost every support available is very strong in PG, but you should rarely build them standard (backline support). Soraka is a special case in that she's so broken you can do practically any sensible build with her, but she works best as a full tank - just rush CDR not warmogs.

A team like Soraka/Sona/Jayce/Ziggs/Cait is so ridiculously broken, but you can swap the poke a dozen different ways.

-----

If you're tired of the poke comps though, there are ways to counter it - get a good engage/aoe team for example, get sustain at the start, and turtle until at least 6, focusing on clearing the waves and dodging poke. Any attempt to trade with a poke team is usually stupid.