Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhoopsiGoldburg

01-18-2013

I used to play her a whole lot before all the item changes and whatnot in s3. With the changes to tf being more expensive and the stats being nerfed when she already had a hard enough time with all the newer tops and most common tops in general.

How do you build her in the new toplane.

Egyptz

01-18-2013

Honestly my build is very strange by most peoples standards I say. I start with....the 2 items that build into a philo stone. I'm blanking on the names right now. They're 180g each so 360g for both which leaves you with 115 gold left. I then buy 2 health pots and a mana potion using the rest of the gold. I try to stay in lane long enough to get the 340g (I think that's correct) to build the philo stone and then I start playing mildly aggressive depending on the champion I'm fighting. Remember that Poppy has decent harass but many champs now greatly outharass her. After my philo stone I build into Merc Treads and get a phage which I build into a trinity force. After that....I don't remember. I don't play her much anymore but I tried to build her pretty tanky without getting too much health and making her passive useless.

Amalickiah

01-18-2013

I haven't played her much in S3 either, but I think iceborn gauntlets would be best to replace trinity. So Probably something like:

philo, boots, sheen, glacial -> iceborn, then maybe hexdrinker? gunblade?

LarcyBrown

01-18-2013

poppy hardly works in season 3 armor and magic resist for her passive are expensive and she cant farm well.this is 1 champion tiamat doesnt help at all.

frankly i think the way people use to try and build her ad for lategame and not relly on the E stun just doesnt work anymore.you need to land that stun to make her effective, without it poppy seem skinda useless early mid game.

WhoopsiGoldburg

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarcyBrown View Post
poppy hardly works in season 3 armor and magic resist for her passive are expensive and she cant farm well.this is 1 champion tiamat doesnt help at all.

frankly i think the way people use to try and build her ad for lategame and not relly on the E stun just doesnt work anymore.you need to land that stun to make her effective, without it poppy seem skinda useless early mid game.
Yeah I saw another thread that reccomened a gimmicky build involving a dfg and gunblade for maximum carry killing potential. That is really bad though as poppys ult is great but you can still be kited and knockbacked and all CC effects still apply to her ult IIRC.

Sounds like she is gutted and dead as of season 3 atleast in SR.

hailcaster77

01-18-2013

I like to start bead charm and pots, then rush philo, like normal. I then get boots, and upgrade then depending on who i am against. then i rush trinity, go for gunblade, then if the game lasts longer, get a GA. I normally go for pure damage afterwards depending on if my team needs more ad or ap. Poppy doesn't need any defensive stats really, all of the stats from tri and GA are more than enough. Late game i normally just ulti their tank or support and force their carry to either leave the fight or die. This combined with ghost plus gunblade active makes it almost impossible for people to get away from me.

doggeris789

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoopsiGoldburg View Post
I used to play her a whole lot before all the item changes and whatnot in s3. With the changes to tf being more expensive and the stats being nerfed when she already had a hard enough time with all the newer tops and most common tops in general.

How do you build her in the new toplane.

I had a poppy In my game the other day

But it was an AP poppy

building some really weird thing's but I have nothing to say

I have not once seen someone get one shotted in this game ti'll dis poppy

started off with philo stone and what not then built,

mpen boots
manamune
dfg
lichbane
deathcap
void staff

every team fight he would Ult there adc, dfg > Q

and thats it

dead adc

Sad Strawberries

01-18-2013

Quote:
Yeah I saw another thread that reccomened a gimmicky build involving a dfg and gunblade for maximum carry killing potential. That is really bad though as poppys ult is great but you can still be kited and knockbacked and all CC effects still apply to her ult IIRC.
I played an ARAM against a Poppy the other day as Sion. I'm pretty sure my stun had no effect if she ulted somebody besides me. I might be wrong though.