Game crashing my computer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danmandred

01-18-2013

Ever since the new patch I am unable to play LoL due to it crashing my computer every time I attempt it. I'm really starting to hope that my leaves due to this are going to be forgiven since after the first one I was testing some different video settings to see if I could get it to work. Nothing helped as far as that goes btw, but anyways I'm running windows 7 with a Radeon 6950 and I'm attaching my dxdiag. LoL is my favorite game by far so I'm hoping this problem will be fixed soon.

d24man

01-18-2013

i am having the same problem, does any1 know how to fix this?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-18-2013

What exactly happens?

And what exactly do you mean by "crashing your computer"

AnmanB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
What exactly happens?

I've been having the same problem. The game starts, and I get an insanely low FPS. Its like 6, then it turns to 40, which is what i normally run on. But when I click on ANYTHING it freezes the game, and i can't alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete. I have to restart the computer whole. The game was fine until after this patch. And yet nobody has found issues.

Feederzilla

01-18-2013

I have had a similiar problem. I load into a game just fine and then at a random time within that game my screen just freezes up and the sound distorts. I can't alt f4 / ctrl alt del and have to hold the power button down on my PC to reboot it. Ill attach my dxdiag/r3dlog from the most recent occurrence.

FacepalmFSU

01-18-2013

I'm having the exact same issue, and i also have a radeon 6900 series card, updated drivers as well.

Vidix

01-20-2013

I am having the same freeze problem with he same sound distort. Nothing but manually turning the power off will unfreeze my computer. It started when the thresh patch came in.

Demonkiller89

01-22-2013

Any update on this? I have a friend with the same problem.

JaiRai

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
What exactly happens?

What happens is during a game, seemingly at random the screen/computer will completely freeze leaving you unable to do anything besides hard reset. (can't ctrl+alt+del or open task manager)

And guys here's a thread that shows riot is working on it, we have been heard and its good to know were getting help from wrenchmonkeys and riot employees

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...58839#30658839