I was thinking..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

embalmdk

01-18-2013

You know in a tiered system the punishment progression could just be longer. As an example if the offense is consistently mild/low it takes many more punishment verdicts to get to ban/permaban with more warnings in between. This would also be progressive. The more severe the verdict that faster to permaban.

170 Calories

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarvalOfDeath View Post
Interesting idea, although again the problem seems to be that the community of voters have different standards. For example if a player somewhat rages at some point and then in the end he is calm but says "gg noobs"... where would you put that? Perhaps having a clar guide to decided what is considered mild, what is raging and what is plain and simply toxic would allow this new feature to work better because again. What if the case we have doesnt show anything really strange so we go with mild, but in the rest of the matches that dont show up, the player is extremely toxic?

To go along with this feature i would support a small change on the way the tribunal makes the cases. I think it should stop being an all time random thing, i think the system should select those matches where the accused got more reports and only when there are some matches with the same number of reports select one by random.

For example:
Mister A has got 54 reports from different games
On 1 game he got 6 reports
On 2 games he got 5 reports
On 6 games he got 3 reports
On 4 he got 2 reports
On 12 he got 1 report
Mister A's case shoud be built with the game with 6 reports, the 2 games with 5 reports and 2 of the games where he got three reports that are selected at random.

Because one could guess that games where he got the most reports are the ones where he was more toxic, so he could see his worst performances and better decide if he is toxic, mild or just a sometimes rager
I like this

embalmdk

01-18-2013

I would have like a tiered system on that one case I reviewed.

170 Calories

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llesh View Post
Like many others have said an interesting idea, that would need much thought to figure out pro's and cons... just a quick thing that pops into my mind though is repeat offenders... those who consistently violate the summoner's code are given progressive punishments to my understanding, how would this work in a tiered punishment system?

For example lets assume; a person who consistently spams a mild offense at the end of a game goes to tribunal and is ranked as a mild offender each time. They are given warnings each time but continue the behavior that is getting them punished, this negates the effect that the tribunal has.

If they get a warning for the first time, then progressive punishments for continued offenses... whats the difference between that and the current system?
You bring up a good point . I will give it some thought and get back to this