Banning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThanasiDK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

I left this game a year ago because of the attitude of the community and now I'm back. The whole giving honor points and **** is great. This tribunal is not. I see people who don't say a word and are just plain bad at the game getting reported and I pray they aren't actually getting banned for that because the whole team reports them. It's just plain idiocy to give that much power to the idiots.

My suggestions are:
-Get rid of this tribunal, but keep the honor system. The tribunal causes more problems than the ones it's supposed to solve.
- Let people get honor points in custom games like ARAM. The behavior will increase I assure you.
- Also, a great deal of your player population plays ARAM. (unrelated topic, sorry) Just make it a normal game so we too can get a decent amount of IP.

Jesus the Friend

01-18-2013

Honor in joke modes like ARAM and general custom matches will result in severe inflation.
/notsigned

Quote:
Also, a great deal of your player population plays ARAM.
Based on polls I've seen on other sites, less than 1/10th of the population plays ARAM...
It's not meant to be a serious mode, it's meant to be a joke style played for fun.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

*sigh*

So what do you suggest should take the place of Tribunal? or are you in favor of there being no visible punishment system where people can feed, harass, or troll games without having to worry about going in Tribunal?

You also assume the masses of people who vote on Tribunal are idiots. That's not how you go about wanting to change something by insulting those who use it. You should read up on Tribunal before you make up assumptions.

Jesus the Friend

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
You also assume the masses of people who vote on Tribunal are idiots.
/snicker

Kirska

01-18-2013

Honor is an indication of how often the people you play for or against remember to click the button. That's it.

ThanasiDK

01-18-2013

J-the friend. 1/10 of the population is actually a big number. If it's meant to be a happy-go-lucky game type than why should you have reporting? It takes the fun out of anything.

Shiis I said the reporters are idiots, not the tribunal. However, if they should keep the tribunal, than they should at least narrow down the reasons for reporting. Trying to take trash talking out of gamers is borderline folly as admirable as that is. The honor system counterbalances it. Rewarding should take place of punishing imo.

Shiister

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanasiDK View Post
J-the friend. 1/10 of the population is actually a big number. If it's meant to be a happy-go-lucky game type than why should you have reporting? It takes the fun out of anything.
If you take reporting out of custom matches, people will troll those custom matches. I play custom modes(mostly Hide n Seek) daily and I always have to report someone for ruining it by breaking the rules.

Quote:
Shiis I said the reporters are idiots, not the tribunal. However, if they should keep the tribunal, than they should at least narrow down the reasons for reporting. Trying to take trash talking out of gamers is borderline folly as admirable as that is. The honor system counterbalances it. Rewarding should take place of punishing imo.
Most games are ruined by trash talking. You hardly get a feeder or trolls in your games, people who say they do are liars and just playing with bad players.

Honor system don't couterbalance it, it does nothing expect for display if you display good qualities, which most of the time are false.

If you take punishment out of the equation entirely then those who display negative/toxic behavior will ruin games not caring about the rewards or will put on a mask of good behavior till they get the rewards then return to their negative behavior.

ThanasiDK

01-18-2013

There's a simple fix to trash talking. It's called "ignore". I don't even know if they have it, but if they do it should be more readily available.

Everyone loves getting points. Everyone loves being commended. It's in human nature. I'm not the only one would agree that players are cutting back on the harshness in the words just so they can get that little ribbon around their border. So I disagree wholeheartedly that the honor system is worthless.

Also, I'm sure people will return to negative behavior, but I also believe that because it takes so long to get that ribbon that they will unknowingly condition themselves to a better attitude. They will notice an increase in wins as well. It's a great implementation of maturity.

Both of you are saying it gets rid of problems but are ignoring the problems it introduces.
- Gamers are getting banned both good and bad. In light of the good gamers getting banned, other good gamers are leaving. It's frustrating to watch someone be subjected to "reportreportreport" when they in fact did nothing wrong. It's unhealthy behavior and it's the Tribunal to blame.

Shiister

01-18-2013

Quote:
There's a simple fix to trash talking. It's called "ignore". I don't even know if they have it, but if they do it should be more readily available.
If you have to ignore someone in a game where communication is a key part of winning, then something should be done about them.

Quote:
Everyone loves getting points. Everyone loves being commended. It's in human nature. I'm not the only one would agree that players are cutting back on the harshness in the words just so they can get that little ribbon around their border. So I disagree wholeheartedly that the honor system is worthless.
I don't care much for the Honor system. People who do get the ribbons usually don't deserve them and makes me wonder how they even got them when they are negative and harass others.

Quote:
Also, I'm sure people will return to negative behavior, but I also believe that because it takes so long to get that ribbon that they will unknowingly condition themselves to a better attitude. They will notice an increase in wins as well. It's a great implementation of maturity.
Don't take long to get honor, especially if you ask for it or farm it as some do. What you say is a possibility, but in the long run people will revert back to their original behavior after they have a string of loses.

Quote:
Both of you are saying it gets rid of problems but are ignoring the problems it introduces.
- Gamers are getting banned both good and bad. In light of the good gamers getting banned, other good gamers are leaving. It's frustrating to watch someone be subjected to "reportreportreport" when they in fact did nothing wrong. It's unhealthy behavior and it's the Tribunal to blame.
Then report the people who "report harass" others and defend those who don't deserve them. I seen very few "good" gamer's banned unfairly especially if they getting ganged up.

Jesus the Friend

01-18-2013

Quote:
The rules established by Riot apply to the entirety of League of Legends.
This should go without saying.
I also said "less than 1/10th".