Help me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BonesMN

02-15-2014

I'm getting so frustrated with ranked. It's unbelievable.
I generally say fill so I end up playing support, which I honestly dont mind because I play a lot of Thresh, Karma, Leona, and Lulu. It's fun, I like to keep vision up and be aggressive and make plays. But it's getting harder and harder and harder to even imagine getting out of bronze. I'll get paired with a good team that can communicate on a basic level 1/10 matches. I started bronze 1 and i've been demoted to bronze 2 now and I lost another match there because of terrible decision making despite my warnings/pings

I just don't know what to do, I really want to make it to a higher elo but I can't carry a team as a support. I can make plays in my lane for a while but eventually it's a team game and every match gets thrown by lanes roaming when they aren't pushed, trying drag/baron when i've got it warded and it's clearly not safe.

I guess i'm just looking for any advice because i'm getting beyond frustrated because despite what people say "you're in bronze because you belong there" I know I play better than that. We've all been in a game where there team starts to throw badly, well that's every game for me right now.

Firstfallout

02-18-2014

You probably want to find a good adc to dou with if your planning on playing alot of support, and carry the game that way. If a fed adc survives in a fight with enough peel your team doesnt have to do much. your always going to have at least one person to lose lane but with the right team calls you should be able to gain elo.

Support Brah

02-18-2014

Like the poster above me stated, find a person to duo with. An ADC would be ideal if you support often; however, any competent person will help. I know ranked can be crazy frustrating sometimes but you just have to think of it as a numbers game. If you duo with someone and you both play at a level above your current placement, then your team has 3 chances for some random noob/toxic/feeder/afk, while the enemy team has 5. You may be familiar with a distribution curve? Basically, if you play enough games you WILL get to where you deserve to be, because even if it seems you always get the bad deal in terms of team you are the one constant that, given enough chances, will rise above. The trick is to get to a state of mind where you can play enough of those games without ripping your hair out, and that is not something I can help with.

laxjoh

02-18-2014

Pick up Annie and carry bot lane by getting yourself fed and then buying AP items. In Bronze, you can do this and carry hard. I just did something like this in a Silver/Gold/Plat match and I 1v3'd a Lee Sin/Varus/Lux.

r1c0

02-18-2014

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4290959

^ a thread I started to help people improve as ranked players. Worth a look.