Game Crashes my computer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freeloader Sno

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Hey all,

Leagues crashes my computer. To be more specific, it will randomly give me a black screen in the middle of a game, and then the audio goes really weird. I am then forced to restart my computer. I may have left 6 games in the course of two days...

I tried using the "repair" tool, and also reinstalled the game on a different hard drive. All my drivers are up to date, and no other game does this to me.

I've searched a bit on this issue and the only solution is to turn off LoL's sound completely? But I found this in a post ~1 year ago. Surely there must be an official fix/word on this?

thanks

FacepalmFSU

01-18-2013

I'm having the same issue every game, although not always immediately, full crash however requiring manual powerdown. There are at least two other threads to far, so at least it isn't just us.

My PC can 60 fps Skyrim etc on max settings so it is definitely not a hardware issue as far as I can tell.

Freeloader Sno

Recruiter

01-18-2013

le bump. Is this the only way to contact support staff? i'm new to Riot games.

d24man

01-18-2013

i opened a ticket but no response, this is stupid who wont any staff comment on this issue

FacepalmFSU

01-18-2013

bump for eventual justice

Kenthemius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Bump, my girlfriend is having this exact problem right now. She's had 3-4 leaves because it freezes her computer.

JaiRai

01-19-2013

Exact same problem, have even had it happen 3 times in one game.

CubiptianHeat

01-19-2013

Ive had this same issue for months. When I opened a ticket, Riot Support told me that it was my video card overheating. I do find it strange that I can play EVERY other game I own without a problem, but 15 minutes in a game nets me a manual reboot. The weird thing is that sometimes I'll go a couple of weeks without having an issue too.

Freeloader Sno

Recruiter

01-19-2013

bump for awareness

Kiimuriel

01-19-2013

Same issue... very aggravating.