Aether Wing Kayle can be better

12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blorgorize

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopyWienerBalls View Post
You're all greedy.
However, the quality of skins has been improved so much in so little time that I think the people of this community are going to be ravenous, insatiable, even.
They want more and more, but if Riot increases the price, every one refuses to buy the skin.
Quality should improve with time, that's why we are playing in Season 3 masteries and not Season 1. This is Annie's reason for getting a model upgrade. We were shamed to use Soraka's old model when in games with newer champions. Twisted Fate shudders when he remembers he shared Sivir's Triangle feet.

Why pay 1820 rp for a 975 rp skin? Even if they combined two champions in one by putting Hextech Anivia's wings on Kayle's back.

We were promised a bar raised in champion skins, not champion prices.

Quote:
Hell, when any 1350 champion skin is released, half of GD sounds like they're about to storm the Riot offices and burn, rape, and pillage for great justice.

You also have to keep in mind that skins don't get any cheaper to make for Riot. You may think you know all that goes in to building a skin, however, you do not.
Mecha Kha'zix or Mecha'Zix is most certainly a tier above the 975 skins, because his abilities have new particles such as rockets and pack thrusters. His Innate has a lock-on function and a snazzy sound effect to go with it. He also has a metallic overlay to his voice just to name a few changes.

Not quite legendary quality, but enough to warrant a price bump over a run of the mill skin.

What I expect to see from a skin is first and foremost different costume apparel, color swaps for champion models do not cut it anymore. Along with new particle/color effects compared to a champion's classic skin and any other skins available to that specific champion. Also alterations to the classic skin's voice are a welcomed change. Unique respawn animations, or even having a respawn animation in general is impressive as well. Haunted Maokai, Zombie Brand and Thresh are all testament to these QoL buffs.

A Legendary Skin should be far above what current skins have to offer. What this means currently is voice overs for everything. A brand new skeleton for unique animations to offer flare. Different particle effects that blow the classic skin's out of the water. It makes your jaw drop and after picking it up off the floor say, "My wallet is about to get pentakilled...". New jokes, taunts, dance and a laugh are expected, because after looking at the model what do most people zone in on next?

Recall animations are creeping into the norm for league since Darius, even if Draven made it popular with a vocalized one. Old champions lacking a recall should have one if they ever get a legendary without fail. Keeping in line with current legendary skins champions also have unique quotes when using their abilities. Not to mention a different death animation, which this skin delivers.

I'd love to see Riot start adding in First blood and Pentakill shoutouts and lore tied champion kill quotes into more skins. Why? Because it adds more character to the champion without forcing people to read secondary content to love the game. A more hands on approach if you will.

Adding onto that, more sub quests for champions. Rengar and Kha-zix having an epic face off once all 3 evolution and maxed out necklace are acquired is a nice touch. This takes too long unfortunately and many players will never get to see the duel. Options such as having x amount of gold or slaying x amount of minions are just a few ways expand this great idea.

Even if they do unlock the requirements they merely have a stealth buff that says you can kill each other now. I want to hear them screaming at the top of their lungs so everyone in the match can know that an 1v1 battle is about to go down as soon as requirements are met.

See Arclight Varus!, Soul Reaver Draven! and Neon Strike Vi! for outstanding examples of 975 rp skin quality.

Quote:
For example: compare and contrast Cho'gath's two legendaries.
I don't even need to iterate on this, because it's so obvious.
They're both legendary price, but one is of much better quality than the other.
Yet the price remains the same.
The release date between the two skins is more than a year apart, quality will improve drastically in the fastest growing industry in the world. Gentleman was awesome for its time. Sadly not even the nostalgia glasses can hide the devastating difference in animation and work that went into vocals between the skins.

You were paying 1820 rp for a top hat and 3-4 epic quotes for Gentleman at the time. Fast forward with 1820 rp for a new skeleton frame, particle graphics, quotes, sound effects, champion interaction and animation: a Battlecast Prime awaits. See a difference? Because if Gentleman was redone today it would sure as hell be improved upon.

I am not angry about paying 1820 rp for a legendary skin for Kayle. What I dislike is paying 1820 rp for a 975 quality skin for Kayle. This skin is worth at most 1350 rp to me because I use Kayle often enough to justify the cost.

When there are better legendaries that came out before this one, I expect the bar to be the same in its own way or exceed what has been shown. This skin does not meet that bar shown in recent 1820 releases.

I can see why you call us greedy, but feedback is paramount in video games. Look at how Final Fantasy 14 turned out, the original director should have made the teams play WoW, Phantasy Star and Vindictus for a few months to know what their competition was going to be. Turned out to be one of the biggest video game flops of that year because Square Enix ignored the testers' initial criticism. Which forced an overhaul of the entire development team and turn a subscription-based game to free to play by using the actual player-base as pseudo beta testers. They also had to build the game from the ground up and are preparing for their improved release Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn because of the embarrassment. Several thousand hours of development time down the drain because they ignored feedback.

Furthermore, Capcom's fighting game! practices!! con players to buy dlc that is already on the disc instead of releasing new content. Our "greediness" convinced Capcom to reconsider on-disc dlc. Asura's Wrath was an exception because they ran out of room on the disc to include the rest of the story. So we were paying for more hardware in that case. Content for when we already beat everything the game has to offer and need more things to burn our money on.

You may say that it will be too late for dlc as players move on and instead having it out day one is better? Just put that extra content into the sequel or teasers for a new release to get veteran players pumped for the new game. Consumers will ask why am I paying for dlc when I should be getting it in the first place?!?

Tl;Dr Really, go read the entire argument. It is beneficial to be aware of what consumers are throwing money towards. I'll fight to make this skin legendary instead of bumping the price to 975 rp or 1350 rp.

Spectre4802

01-18-2013

I agree. For 1820, we could've had more.

I would have preferred Riot put some more energy into the effects of Aether Wing and spent another few weeks on it. Feels like a 1350 to me.

Then again, we don't know what constraints or limitations they had when making her. For all we know, they might have had a strict release schedule for Aether Wing, and they couldn't find the time to cram in more of the "flavour".

Having said that, we did pay 1820 for it. We deserve all the "flavour" in the world. So, yeah. Riot's done a fairly good job with Aether Wing, but it's lacking some things.

Gonna be bumping this thread every day until it gets a Riot response. The team needs to see this, in my opinion.

flatherd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Great post! Great ideas. Also makes me want to get Ethernum Nocturne.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

this would definitely take more than a hotfix. but i like all of the suggestions. riots artists should take a look at it.

Blorgorize

01-18-2013

Bumping for the early birds

The SoulEmperor

01-18-2013

This skin makes Eternum Nocturne looks like it's actually worth the price. They should all be 1350 at most.

Unmoi

01-18-2013

What I dislike was that they removed her "HALO" during the use of righteous fury!!!! She lost her halo together with her wings????

SeijaRyu

01-18-2013

It looks like someone Stole more blizzard stuff... every time i log in all i see is a Zealot....

GoodwicK

01-18-2013

/singed

#tiredofhalfassedskins

Kaelathor

01-18-2013

bump help! i wouldnt mind some improvements.

12345612 ... 16