So I have a lot of IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RightfulSin

01-17-2013

I have 25k IP to be exact. I main jungle and have two guys I main and one guy I do not play as much as I could. I main Maokai and Xin Zhao, and I off Olaf. I like the tanky/bruiser junglers so that is why I main Maokai. I really clicked with him and work really well with him.

Funny thing about him is, I bought him impulsively, I hadn't played him before and I didn't even know he existed before buying him with 6.3k and then diving into playing him, after that we just clicked and the rest is history. Same with Xin Zhao, I played him in free to play week recently and then just had to buy him because I just clicked with him.

I had planned on getting more into support and possibly solo-top (I used to main solo-top before I started to main jungle). Problem is, I have tried that, and soo few people want to jungle now it is crazy, I usually end up being jungle anyhow.

I have 3 rune pages right now set up for each of my junglers and matching Mastery pages. I am wondering what to do with all this IP. I am thinking of getting a fourth rune page and then getting Sona for more support (if I can find a person you wants to jungle as well). I have Taric and Soraka as other support champions I can use as well.

So there ya go, I main jungle and really only main two champions and I have a third that I do not play as much ( I do not think I really clicked with Olaf, that is probably why). I have been thinking of possibly getting Nocturne, but am unsure about him.

Any help regarding any of these concerns (fourth rune page, Sona for support, possible other jungler) would be appreciated.Thank you ahead of time.

Bhloo

01-17-2013

I think a rune page for SUPPORT isn't as significant as learning a new champion.

Sona for support, that's fine. You do have to watch out that she IS squishy, many supports (my personal perspective as a bot lane player) surpass her. She does provide a variety to the adc but I just dislike the very-squishy kind of support. If you can deal with that passive lane then all goods for you. But once you go aggressive you'll have to be quite careful.
It's also great that you can learn support role, it's better to know how every role works and everything so you can synergize with your team

Another jungler, I think mastering your MAIN role is important. Learning many champions in that specific role is great. You can think of new like, tactics and stuff with different champions for ganking/everything. I think your jungling role is great because I think without a GOOD jungler your game just goes 234skdfj3u89ydsuhfwe because winning your lane is just so important.
I love Nocturne, try out as many junglers as you want and see what fits you best. If you don't like them, don't regret it, you can always practice. Some champions just don't click, I understand that. But they don't have to click on the day you first play them, you'll find new ideas and everything in your gameplay and you might pick up that champion another day. So don't regret it :P

Devious Rogue

01-17-2013

I have a Support Page, an AP Page and an AD Page. Very general one-fits-all pages that work with many champs. Then again, I play Ranked.

Rune Pages for Junglers tend to fall into 2 categories anyway, AD Lifesteal based, and Regen Sustain Based. Even if you insist on having separate pages for two different champs who share a similar style you should only need two pages and have another page for AP or Support or some other role.

If you can have more Rune Pages, I strongly recommend making general rune pages. (I.e., my straight up AD Rune Page is used for ADCs, some Jungles and some Tops such as Xin, Jax, Nasus, my AP Rune Page is used for off-carry AP Supports and AP Mids)