Is Lee Sin still worth it? (post nerf)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRaze101

01-17-2013

Is he? And if not, who are some similar champions? (i.e. don't need/use mana, can jungle or lane, etc.)

Its Aatrox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

IMO he's still a really good champ. If I was good with him, I would still use him to jungle. :P

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-17-2013

O.o

Why is it that everyone always asks if a champion is still 'worth it' after nerfs... They were nerfed because they were more than worth it (i.e., OP), so minor nerfs won't suddenly make them unplayable. Even more important though, is that your familiarity and enjoyment of a champion will far outweigh minor perceived advantages of other champions.

TheSickFlux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

I don't even feel as if he was nerfed, yeah sure he's slightly weaker in the jungle, and his tempest range was slightly nerfed. He's still just as strong as before, and nothing happened with him in mid lane, which is where he's mostly played recently.

Vincius

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
O.o

Why is it that everyone always asks if a champion is still 'worth it' after nerfs... They were nerfed because they were more than worth it (i.e., OP), so minor nerfs won't suddenly make them unplayable. Even more important though, is that your familiarity and enjoyment of a champion will far outweigh minor perceived advantages of other champions.
In some occasions Riot went a bit too far in the nerf making some champion way underpowered (like Rumble and lately Dana and Rengar) and had to actually rebuff the champion so it would still be viable. I guess that's why everyone ask this question all the time.

Splurged

01-17-2013

Quote:
O.o

^^ Exactly this. Why would riot make a champion unplayable?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincius View Post
In some occasions Riot went a bit too far in the nerf making some champion way underpowered (like Rumble and lately Dana and Rengar) and had to actually rebuff the champion so it would still be viable. I guess that's why everyone ask this question all the time.
'Too far' is a bit overkill (or at least what you're implying as a result), yes they were a bit 'unplayable' for competitive play, but I'm pretty sure Eve was the only one nerfed hard enough for the majority of players to really care about, and that was intentional. Hell, even with her you would do fine if you wanted to work on her enough to get around her handicap. The point of the game isn't to play the flavor of the week, as you'll never actually improve if that's all you do, and most people won't really enjoy that either. Sure in the short term it sounds like a great idea, but it actually saps your motivation and enjoyment in the long run, as you find the guy you were playing who was 5% OP got nerfed so now he's 0-5% UP, and you go on the forums to complain...

Will you be able to play him exactly as you did before? No, of course not. That's the idea. If that's what you're worried about, then go ahead and play the FotM/FotW, and switch every patch. I'm serious here, if that's what you enjoy, go for it, just don't try to push it on everyone else.

xRaze101

01-18-2013

Ok thanks everyone, i'm kindof new to the LoL scene, so sorry for the nooby question . I will definitely buy Lee Sin now.

aces2kj

01-23-2013

Quote:
O.o

Rengar would diasagree with you

Kaios the Wolf

01-23-2013

He's still good, and worth it, but he isn't easy to play well, so keep that in mind.