What do you think should be done to fix the imbalance between purple and blue team?

Allow the camera to rotate 180 degrees 130 42.48%
Allow free camera rotation 52 16.99%
Fix the camera directly over head 6 1.96%
Allow the camera to zoom out a little bit more 65 21.24%
Keep the camera as it is now 41 13.40%
Other (explain in a reply if possible) 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, please fix the imbalance between purple and blue team's view...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bwhartmann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

there might be a disadvantage early game but thats about it as far as i see it. late game everyones all over the map and everyones looking at things from the same angle in the huge group fights and whatnot. freakin unlock your camera and stop whining.

LightningStrikes

11-09-2010

This has been reiterated 1000 times..... frankly I'm quite disappointed in them, because they have time to generate a new champion every 1-2 weeks and screw up the game even more with things that are completely off topic for this thread..... Back to the point, why is none of the effort going into fixing the HUD? There thousands of suggestions on here?! I haven't seen a single hud change since I started playing this game. If nothing else... make the hud a transparent overlay... No one needs to click to use abilities anyhow they need to click targets and be able to click to move without hitting stupid little boxes in the corners of the screen; or be able to see their targets to use their skill shots without the trajectory popping to the top right of the screen when you were aiming at the bottom left.

LightningStrikes

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadoflife13 View Post
there might be a disadvantage early game but thats about it as far as i see it. late game everyones all over the map and everyones looking at things from the same angle in the huge group fights and whatnot. freakin unlock your camera and stop whining.
yeah.... No.

Rellent

11-11-2010

so far it seems like riot doesnt even care about this topic. they haven't even given any type of feedback on this.

T1OJejjiKtuMAknV

11-11-2010

thats the way to treat customers.. =(

we probably should make a "petition" not a poll where people simply sign if they want the camera fixed, and spread the word so people actually do sign. So that they see not just a tiny portion of players would support this (I think so at least)

CanAPanda

11-11-2010

It baffles me how obvious this imbalance is in this game, and how much it affects so many players, yet people still don't see it. I really can't describe it in any other way, but let me try. When something is in balance there is an equality of distribution. One of the top priorities of the makers of any MMO PvP game should be to provide a balance between each side, or at least present a balance, and it's up to the gamers to distort that balance. For example in wow, when in a battleground it starts off with each side being balanced completely (apart from matchmaking and leavers/afkers). As the game progresses the players control the balance between the two sides by simply loosing or winning which gives the other side the edge. In LoL, when a 5v5 match starts the sides are not balanced. You see if everyone on blue team played with a locked camera they would be able to see the enemy team still very well. This is because the enemy team usually resides in the top portion of the view because of the way the map is set up. However if the purple team wanted to see as much of the blue team as the blue could see of them, the purple team would HAVE to unlock their camera to see it due to the fact that the blue players usually reside in the bottom portion of the view, the part that is covered up by the HUD, and even without the HUD is cut off because of the view angle. Riot should have never put the ability to lock your camera in this game if it was obviously going to create such a problem and imbalance.

It also baffles me how many people have viewed this, how long it has been out, and how many responses it's gotten without one Riot response.

z930967

11-12-2010

I would absolutely love the ability to see everything my champ can see without having to put my camera on free mode... But as a lot will argue thats why free mode is there. I do agree with camera issues however, the UI does block the ability to see champs when your charging them from the purple team opposed to the blue.

+1 For this post, I myself have made this suggestion before and would love to see an update that worked on this

Gigiwoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

Completely concur. This is less an for elite gamers than it is for casual players that aren't comfortable locking/unlocking, moving cameras, and the like. If the camera would just view like 10% more outwards, then this would not be a problem. I cannot imagine how there is even a question for the dev staff. Just do it.

Journeyboy

11-14-2010

Ok I don't know if anyone if going to see this but... i'm pretty sure that the camera doesn't rotate because not all sides of every object are rendered. It saves the software the stress of having to render the extra polygons. Maybe..

Mctot

11-14-2010

I hearken to my days of playing Mario Tennis on this one. In the options settings, you could choose to permanently view as though the camera were behind you. (anyone else remember this?) I think that would settle things a bit, but since I know virtually nothing about coding all this fancy shmancy stuff, I don't know how much of a possibility it would be.