What do you think should be done to fix the imbalance between purple and blue team?

Allow the camera to rotate 180 degrees 130 42.48%
Allow free camera rotation 52 16.99%
Fix the camera directly over head 6 1.96%
Allow the camera to zoom out a little bit more 65 21.24%
Keep the camera as it is now 41 13.40%
Other (explain in a reply if possible) 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, please fix the imbalance between purple and blue team's view...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaffeineJunky

11-01-2010

People play with the camera locked? I never found this to be beneficial.

I HAS CHARMS

11-02-2010

+1

T1OJejjiKtuMAknV

11-02-2010

for some ppl. including me its hard to play with unlocked camera. you lose track of your champ, and cannot see the ranges that good anymore. I for example play with smartcast for all abilites (they just cast, i dont get a range indicator or have to click again with the mouse) and locked cam. With unlocked cam I play at least 30% worse.

odaobunaga

11-02-2010

i agree with this problem the hud gets in the way when you are on top and im sure there are many players like me who play on locked screen and it does put us on a disadvantage on the fact there is a part that we cannot see what is going on. now with allow ing the camera to move 180, or over head even zoom out more may be more complicated than it seems. a simple solution that i would be happy with would to have a feature in the more options area maybe that would allow us to invert the hud. put the abilites mini map, items, ect on top and the kills and other things on bot. this wouldent be to hard for riot to do at all i think just some minor visual things. this would allow people on top to switch to this and and be able to see what is going on under were their hud used to be.

toggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

I treat bottom and top as entirely differently played lanes because of this. If there is a Blitz top, he'll grab you through the bush. Bottom, no such thing. It's weird how a simple change of view changes so much. Although the option would have to make it so everyone saw the same thing, so people don't confuse directions playing on different views.

CanAPanda

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooo Sick View Post
for some ppl. including me its hard to play with unlocked camera. you lose track of your champ, and cannot see the ranges that good anymore. I for example play with smartcast for all abilites (they just cast, i dont get a range indicator or have to click again with the mouse) and locked cam. With unlocked cam I play at least 30% worse.
My play style is almost exactly the same. I re-keybound all my spells to being smartcast spells by assigning each smartcast key to qwerdf. 90% of the time I play with a locked camera for many reasons which I have explained many times and won't again. HOWEVER I have many buttons on my mouse and I re-keybound the Y key which changes your camera from locked to unlocked to one of my mouse buttons which I click to look around the map or line up global skill shots.

You could compare my play style to that of someone who plays with an unlocked camera because most people who play as unlocked use the spacebar to focus the camera on their champion until they release it, however I find it inefficient to have to hold the spacebar in. So I just lock and unlock it when I need.

Delicious Orange

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2010

Signed; all you have to do is look at any ranged spell and realize that the current camera setup blocks 90% of your vision southward, which is ridiculous when you have your main map oriented North-South. It only gets much worse when you have a long-range champion like Tristana or Kog-Maw, who can't even BEGIN to see the full extent of their ranges in locked view.

Personally, I think unlocking camera rotation (with an option to flip 180 while on purple team) would not only fix the problem, but open up more possibilities for future maps. I think the option to zoom out further would extremely nice as well, but I don't think it's as important as being able to rotate the camera view.

l4wl

11-05-2010

You can't fix stupidity.
Just unlock your camera.
If you lose yourself (how??) hit spacebar.
End Thread.

Laserbeams

11-06-2010

I checked "Other" as I have a slightly different suggestion. I believe a 180 rotation would work, but I think a fixed 90 rotation clockwise while playing purple would be the best solution.

Blue would fight up and to the right, purple would fight up and to the left. Same amount of forward vision for both teams, lane names would remain unchanged (though this shouldn't matter as people on blue are not telling people on purple what lanes champs are missing from), and it would retain the left-vs-right element, for whatever that's worth.

As for the "l2p with camera unlocked" people: l2p with RSI or carpal tunnel or any other hand/wrist problems.

zKyLEz

11-06-2010

I have just started the game, and this is the only complaint I have with it, I noticed it the second I got on purple team, since I had been placed on blue team my first two games.