What do you think should be done to fix the imbalance between purple and blue team?

Allow the camera to rotate 180 degrees 130 42.48%
Allow free camera rotation 52 16.99%
Fix the camera directly over head 6 1.96%
Allow the camera to zoom out a little bit more 65 21.24%
Keep the camera as it is now 41 13.40%
Other (explain in a reply if possible) 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, please fix the imbalance between purple and blue team's view...

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N3CR0515

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAPanda View Post
Allowing camera movement by unlocking then having the ability to RE-LOCK the camera in a position would be amazing.
Learn to hold the space bar to keep the camera locked. Release to pan.

Aerilis

10-22-2010

THIS!

This is the single biggest issue I have with LoL right now, and game that is otherwise perfect for me. (I can deal with flipping my masteries manually every couple of games)

0PYfclzjrm0E6nRT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2010

Free rotation and a 180 degrees rotation for the camera at the same time please. IMPLEMENT IT RIOT!

Greyford Godlike

10-23-2010

Make it happen, please.

CanAPanda

10-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3CR0515 View Post
Learn to hold the space bar to keep the camera locked. Release to pan.
Quote:
Many people say "just unlock your camera, I can't believe people play with a locked camera!" well people do, and it remains an option in game. It's simply some people's play-style for many reasons of which I won't get into. Personally I play with a locked camera with the camera unlock button key bound to an extra button on my mouse which I only use about 5% of a game. Yes I do know that if you press space bar while your camera is unlocked that it will center the camera on your champion, but I have too many things going on to think to press space bar every time I want to see where my champion is. To me my champion is my focus point, the world revolves around it and it is what I use to judge distances. When I tried unlocked camera I found that almost always I would think I'm running off because I see a champion running off and one tower diving, then I'm dead because I didn't realize that it was me who was tower diving...
Shut up and read before you make a fool of yourself please.

CanAPanda

10-23-2010

Quote:
I just played as blitzcrank on purple team... I cannot explain the frustration.
I just played on purple team AGAINST blitzcrank, I cannot explain the agony.

As a side note, or even quote...
"Purple Mundo doesn't throw where Mundo pleases RAAagghh"

CanAPanda

10-23-2010

If this whole 180 degree camera angle turn is too hard for Riot to conjure up, why don't they simply turn the map so its the same as 3v3. Blue is directly to the west and purple directly to the east... there still lies the issue with the map getting in the way half the time however.

Murti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

I have the same issue with blitz and those far ranged skills... I QQ a lot about to be honest .

Protonic

10-24-2010

I'm definitely glad I found this thread, its puts into words the frustration is it to skillshot people with the current HUD system. As you can see in the video, it is the the health/mana/ability HUD display implement that blocks the enemy from view, making the purple team (who are attacking or defending from this proposed angle) more likely to miss their own skillshots while being perfectly hit by the blue team's. As far as fixing is concerned, no option is very easily attained or implemented, especially reworking the map to suit a horizontal view. Hopefully any new maps will be suited to avoid this flaw. Perhaps reworking the HUD would work? Certainly worth a try....

EDIT: @CanAPanda Yes I know its not the only reason I'm justing saying it doesn't help and is PART of the problem.
I also sympathize with your pain over those trying to persuade you to use a free camera witout reasoning, afterall the locked camera does have use in situtions the free gets you killed, but still...
BTW I edit my messages to save space so anything I say will be here

CanAPanda

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonic View Post
I'm definitely glad I found this thread, its puts into words the frustration is it to skillshot people with the current HUD system. As you can see in the video, it is the the health/mana/ability HUD display implement that blocks the enemy from view, making the purple team (who are attacking or defending from this proposed angle) more likely to miss their own skillshots while being perfectly hit by the blue team's. As far as fixing is concerned, no option is very easily attained or implemented, especially reworking the map to suit a horizontal view. Hopefully any new maps will be suited to avoid this flaw. Perhaps reworking the HUD would work? Certainly worth a try....
Even without the HUD, the entire bottom of the screen is cut off.

123456 ... 7