Building Garen Tanky But Powerful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkenDragon

01-21-2013

@WannaGoToSpace you really should read my post, its a fairly balanced build, and heavy on crit with survivability,

I end up with about 3k hp, 150-200 armor and magic resistance with 45-50% crit chance, and about 250-300 AD I forget what the actual number is, rarly ever finish the build cuz game ends.

the final build is boots of swiftness, atma's impaler (rarly ever gets build though cuz game ends) black cleaver, defense item (omen's, maw, or bulwark's shield), frozen mallet, and infinity edge.

my post above will explain the build order, and at what point each gets upgraded and reasons for it. with avarice blade (for the atma's) early game, it helps get so much cash and gives such good early game crit chance. plus with my crit chance marks, making it very dangerous early game. while also having good amount of resistances.

plus with courage giving 30% resistances, the small amounts of resistance I have will suffice not to mention also the active giving a 30% damage reduction too. this I feel is the perfect balance to offense and defense.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorkins

01-21-2013

My personal build is...

Black Cleaver > Ninja Tabi > Runic Bulwark > Infinity Edge > Last Whisper > (You decide last item)

BC, Ninja Tabi, and RB together give you a great balance of health, armor and MR.

This makes you strong early - mid game, by late-game you should have an IE and LW which will significantly increase your damage. The trick to Garen is finding a balance of damage and defense, I believe Runic Bulwark can be your single defensive item on Garen because of how much extra mitigation his Courage gives, along with the active.