Boots of Swiftness is this right Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Straynar

01-20-2013

The boots have a UNIQUE Slow Resist that reduces slow by 25%. Because it DOESN'T have the same UNIQUE name as Tenacity that reduces stun, taunt, fear, silence, blind, immobilize, and SLOWS by 35% this makes you stack slow resistance with items by 60% without anything in masteries.

Is this intended? Because of this it's kind of OP I think since slows don't last that long already and this knocks them down by more than half.

I just noticed it a min ago and think it maybe a little lopsided if people are doing this. I've been doing it too, but as I said I just noticed it (and is great for Jungles with AP anyways for speed).

allthegoodnutz

01-20-2013

tenacity is duration
boots of swiftness is how much you are slowed completly different

Straynar

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthegoodnutz View Post
tenacity is duration
boots of swiftness is how much you are slowed completly different
There is no dif. Tenacity reduces slow duration by 35% while boots reduces slows by 25%.

That means the same thing still giving you 60%.

I kind of wondered why slow cc didn't seem to affect me at times.

TheOneMillion

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straynar View Post
There is no dif. Tenacity reduces slow duration by 35% while boots reduces slows by 25%.

That means the same thing still giving you 60%.

I kind of wondered why slow cc didn't seem to affect me at times.
No. Swiftness reduces the actual slow % by 25%.

Tenacity is duration.

You get hit with a 3 second 60% slow. Tenacity makes it a 60% 1.95 second slow.
Swiftness makes it a 45% 3 second slow. Both together makes it a 45% 1.95 second slow.

TealNinje

01-20-2013

The effectiveness against slows is 51.25%. Not 60%. This is because the slow itself is 25% less severe as well as 35% shorter. If you were missing Tenacity, it'd just be 25% less severe. If you were missing Swiftness, it'd just be 35% shorter. 75% (remaining slow severity) * 65% (remaining slow duration) = 48.75% remaining effectiveness.

Straynar

01-21-2013

Yea I was just thinking of this honestly while taking my morning pee.

Still seems kinda odd though. Basically a 40% slow with boots is a 30% slow and if it last for 2 seconds it's only 1.3 seconds. Making a 40% for the next 2 seconds, 30% slow for the next 1.3 seconds. This is with boots and tenacity item btw.

Got it now took a night of sleep to figure it out. Then I come back here and pretty much people have kind of broken it down :P