Warmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Otaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Any chance we can get the new warmogs in to Dominion? Since it no longer requires to get stacks on it and I believe that was the reason for it not to be in that map.

ZallKlos

01-17-2013

You need something to discourage Immortal Warmog Stackers.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

All else being equal, Warmog would be fine. BUT, since Riot schitt all over armor/MR AND buffed penetration and AD, the warmog is one of the best defensive items now.
Health was always the best early on for EHP (effective health), but armor/MR better as your natural health increased from 500 to 2000ish. Now, with all the changes, very few bother with high amounts of armor/MR.
Therefore everyone would stack up warmogs.

MajorUrsa

01-18-2013

If you look at how the SR meta has evolved, health stacking has become one of the primary stats with warmogs and sunfire cape being built on everything, even champions like Khaz and Katarina. In dominion we already have an emphasis on building tanky, as engagements happen so much more often, and in such close quarters. Adding an item that could easily be built into already big tanky health stacking derps like Mao, Singed, Mumu, Malphite, Blitz, and even tanky bruisers like Xin, Wu, J4, I think would be a little overkill.

You already have Runic Bulwark, FM, Sunfire (Not that exciting but its there), RoA etc. Health bars getting into the upper 3000s can be problematic, so I dont really see a reason for bring warmogs back. When it was here, you had 5K health singeds running around. Was not fun.

smXho

01-18-2013

Didn't someone suggest that bloodmail instead of warmog, the one on TT?

radicalratx

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZallKlos View Post
You need something to discourage Immortal Warmog Stackers.

What if you just made the health bonus UNIQUE on warmogs on dominion?

Band-aid fix but is definitely workable IMO. Personally, I think it would be nice to not have certain champs get blown up in <1.5 seconds.

Or just make a non-damage-type-specific health item for dominion that better fits the map.

TechPrince

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
That passive is quite useless... Frozen Mallet is better than that.

MajorUrsa

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
Bloodmail is (or has) going to be removed in favor of Warmogs, from what I remember.

The reason its not on the map is because it was providing too much health in game where Tanky/High HP champions were creating havoc. The old meta was quite literally "Go Big or Go Home", with tanks/bruisers being the dominant pick. We have a more mixed meta now with APs becoming much stronger with the itemization options, but with a big new 1K Health item in the mix, you'd be seeing health bars swell on tanky picks.

I think it just brings too much health to the tank/bruiser classes that already are really strong on the map. Trying to pull a Singed or Alistar with 4000-5000 health of a point with Garrison is an attempt in futility, add in Warmogs and you'd see the item showing up in every tank/bruiser build that could efficiently fit it in.

Kholdstare13

01-18-2013

I don't think it would be that problematic on dominion. We have kitae and bft to discourage health stacking, while SR only has BotRK and Liandry.

MajorUrsa

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
I don't think it would be that problematic on dominion. We have kitae and bft to discourage health stacking, while SR only has BotRK and Liandry.
BFT got nerfed and no one builds Kitaes. No one.