Disbanded for 30 minutes = BAD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InsertDongerHere

01-16-2013

It is a very bad idea to ban people for 30 minutes just because they had to dodge a ranked game. Half the time that someone dodges, it is because of trolls that do not work with the team to get the correct team composition. We should not be punished for trying to maintain our gameplay without having trolls on our team. At least make it a 5 minute ban if anything. Its not like people dodge to troll, people only dodge to avoid bad teammates who troll. We are the ones that help prevent matches from being lost immediately because of poor team comp.

Do something about this.

We shouldnt be punished for avoiding trolls

G3NiUS

Vadamaar

01-16-2013

The system is pretty good right now as it is.

If you havn't been playing for a long time, then you wouldn't know how frustrating it used to be. Ranked used to not have a time punishment, but a flat -10 ELO when you dodged, or even DCed, from champ select.

I see why they did this - they wanted to prevent people from just leaving when they didn't like their comp/enemy comp/wanted to waste other people's time. However, to punish someone's skill rating for something entirely unskill related is a poor idea. It was also painful when you had someone on your team who really was planning on trolling. You could either leave and lose -10 ELO, or probably lose the game and lose -14ish ELO.

They replaced this with the current queue suspension - and it works SO much better. Unfortunately, some people really do troll, but they cannot stop this. However, you can leave the game and NOT lose ELO. Again, they don't really want you leaving games just because you don't like your team comp or the enemies' team comp, so the queue suspension is still a high amount of time. It's very annoying, but not unnecessarily punishing.

Also, we can safely assume that people do not usually WANT to troll for no reason. From your post, it sounds like you might be the guy who will not give up the role you want, no matter what, whether you pick first or last. If this is you, I encourage you to learn a few new roles, and quite simply NOT be THAT GUY.

P.S.: I LIKE to TALK in CAPS for EMPHASIS sometimes.

Devious Rogue

01-16-2013

It's a high penalty to stop people from simply leaving whenever they don't like their team, the other team or not getting the position they want. A lower penalty leads to rampant dodging which wastes peoples time, especially with the amount of time you need to set up a ranked game.

Also, most people in ranked like getting ELO and don't intentionally troll. Those who do usually drop like a stone. I strongly suspect a lot of those "trolls" are simply people you don't like, and not people intentionally trying to ruin your game.
Firstly, some "trolls" are merely unconventional picks like Viktor top, Galio Support or AP Yi. They're not necessarily trolling and may do surprisingly well.
Secondly, some "trolls" are people who believe in the call or pick system or prefer certain roles. If someone calls, say, top, you take top and they double-up on your position, that's as much your fault as it is theirs. If you let them take top, you may find that they are a splendid player who carries the team.

If you learn to enter games with an open mind and try harder to work with your team so that everyone gets a role they're good at, you may find that there are suddenly much fewer trolls.

Aeonova

01-16-2013

Most of the time people troll because they didn't get the role they want. People want a specific role because they have the most experience with it and will give the team the best chance of winning. Implementing a role queue system will fix this.

Aceius

01-16-2013

I only had time for one game, as soon as I got to the champ select screen my friend logged on. I thought, "why not duo queue with a good player instead of pubs?".

30 minutes is too big a penalty, imo, even taking into account the long time it takes to set up a ranked game. Don't punish me for wanting to play with my friend!

Troa

01-16-2013

There is no way to distinguish why you left, it has to be a blanket. Further, the majority of dodges are not due to the circumstances you just described. If you're waiting to play with a friend, don't start ranked. And if you're going to start ranked, be sure you actually want to play it first.

InsertDongerHere

01-17-2013

Actually, I play fill roles and can and am willing to play whatever roles are needed. The problem comes only when people demand to play a role that has already been selected and locked and proceed to do whatever they want. For instance, veigar locked as second pick for mid. Karthus locks without paying attention or due to his inability to play any other champs. This results in bad team comps which will most often result in a loss for the entire team.

Of course I understand that some form of punishment is necessary for dodging, but 30 minutes is a bit much. Unless it is the troll that dodges, only the people who wish to play with a normal comp with flexible teammates (like me) become punished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadamaar View Post
The system is pretty good right now as it is.

If you havn't been playing for a long time, then you wouldn't know how frustrating it used to be. Ranked used to not have a time punishment, but a flat -10 ELO when you dodged, or even DCed, from champ select.

I see why they did this - they wanted to prevent people from just leaving when they didn't like their comp/enemy comp/wanted to waste other people's time. However, to punish someone's skill rating for something entirely unskill related is a poor idea. It was also painful when you had someone on your team who really was planning on trolling. You could either leave and lose -10 ELO, or probably lose the game and lose -14ish ELO.

They replaced this with the current queue suspension - and it works SO much better. Unfortunately, some people really do troll, but they cannot stop this. However, you can leave the game and NOT lose ELO. Again, they don't really want you leaving games just because you don't like your team comp or the enemies' team comp, so the queue suspension is still a high amount of time. It's very annoying, but not unnecessarily punishing.

Also, we can safely assume that people do not usually WANT to troll for no reason. From your post, it sounds like you might be the guy who will not give up the role you want, no matter what, whether you pick first or last. If this is you, I encourage you to learn a few new roles, and quite simply NOT be THAT GUY.

P.S.: I LIKE to TALK in CAPS for EMPHASIS sometimes.

SPAMBaconFlavor

01-17-2013

im currently as well for dodging game of all spanish speaking team mates....

why play a game i cant talk to team members?