No Blue Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devious Rogue

01-17-2013

Hey guys, what do you think of this strategy?:

Jungle Mundo. Start wolves. Give Blue to one of the lanes, giving them an edge over their competitors. Proceed to Jungle the rest. Skip Red in favour of Golems because of health problems and get Red after first back.

Admitedly, this is a strategy I'm designing with low ELO players in mind. Low ELO players who many not know how to handle a Blue-buffed ADC at level 2 from the get-go. Low ELO players who, sometimes, crumble as soon as there's a disadvantage. Low ELO players where there is usually a significant degree of disparity in skill somewhere on the map.

I don't think this will be quite as good a strategy for, say, Diamond Play or whatnot, but at lower ELOs, I think weakening the Jungler is worth it if it strengthens a lane in return, because the Jungler can avoid confrontations that aren't in their favour. Laners must deal with opponents who are in the same lane.

I did it a few times, in ranked and draft mode. Worked surprisingly well.

After the game, ADCs told me it actually made a significant difference because he was able to poke like crazy, keeping the opposite ADC on their toes. (One was Ashe+Heimer vs Ez+Pantheon, other was Draven+Nunu vs Ez+Sona)

LOG:
17/01 - Ranked Champ Select Screen Froze. Ended up with Jungle Mundo. Gave Ez my Blue. Bot was able to dominate. I caught up and we proceeded to carry the team to victory.
17/01 - Draft pick Jungle Mundo. Gave Ez my Blue, allowed him to lane against a Draven Nunu combo and stay about even. I caught up and we proceeded to win.
18/01 - Draft pick Jungle Mundo. Gave Kog my Blue and Big Wolf, allowing him to lane evenly against Draven. (On TehJackAttack's suggestion) I was level 2 when mid was level 6. I caught up slowly but surely and proceeded to carry the team to victory. Will work to reducing the gap so I'm not AS far behind.
18/01 - Draft pick Jungle Mundo. Gave Ap Yi mid enemy Blue after they invaded us. Stayed the same level as the ADC throughout Jungling. Nunu ragequit at level 9 because bot fed 0-8. Lost the game after 58 minutes and managed to take down all 3 of their inhibs at one point. Mid game was very strong despite almost no successful ganks.

TehJackAttack

01-17-2013

it can be useful if you're maxing W first. It will slow down your first clear without the cdr on E, but it will give the lane an advantage. Blue buff doesn't really have the giant impact on lanes until level 3-4 though, when more skills are available to be spammed.

If you're going to do this, you might try giving ap mid your first wolf camp before blue. This means they will going to mid lane at level 2 with blue buff, since you're already sacrificing YOUR level 2 by giving away blue buff.

Devious Rogue

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJackAttack View Post
it can be useful if you're maxing W first. It will slow down your first clear without the cdr on E, but it will give the lane an advantage. Blue buff doesn't really have the giant impact on lanes until level 3-4 though, when more skills are available to be spammed.

If you're going to do this, you might try giving ap mid your first wolf camp before blue. This means they will going to mid lane at level 2 with blue buff, since you're already sacrificing YOUR level 2 by giving away blue buff.
Wow, that's a really neat idea, might try it next. Thanks

Directw

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJackAttack View Post

Doesn't this make the jungler falling behind everyone else alot, and if jungler fails to gank, he will probably not be able to recover.

Devious Rogue

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directw View Post
Doesn't this make the jungler falling behind everyone else alot, and if jungler fails to gank, he will probably not be able to recover.
No, because he's Mundo...
I was level 2 when mid was level 6, this was my first time trying the level 2 lane start. I caught up and helped carry the team, going 1v3 and getting away after taking a kill or getting 2 kills for 1. Also started tower-diving. Of course, this requires that my lanes are not losing badly (mid and top were losing a little but they were holding on, bot was about even thanks to my head start).

Mundo farms godly fast with high W. It just worked. I'm going to keep testing.

ThePonsterMenis

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directw View Post
Certainly a lot of XP to give up.

Robdiqulous

01-17-2013

mundo is still able to survive when he is a couple levels lower. then he just owns if the same level or higher

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-17-2013

So you're giving up your red buff to any strong counter jungler?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Problem with this idea

1. Level 1 blue buff is generally not needed, due to not having enough spells to spams. Champions excluding from this list (the ones that can really use the mana regen and cdr well) includes Jax, Olaf, and Elise. Most AD carries don't get much benefit from it BUT the xp.

2. It slows you down

3. Skipping red and do golem is stupid as you are not utilizing your time well. Getting a no smite on blue and go straight to red buff is more favorable.

4. If the enemy have a fast jungler, you will find yourself having huge trouble to secure your own jungle, as the enemy will most certainly have more xp than you do.

Devious Rogue

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Problem with this idea

1. Level 1 blue buff is generally not needed, due to not having enough spells to spams. Champions excluding from this list (the ones that can really use the mana regen and cdr well) includes Jax, Olaf, and Elise. Most AD carries don't get much benefit from it BUT the xp.

2. It slows you down

3. Skipping red and do golem is stupid as you are not utilizing your time well. Getting a no smite on blue and go straight to red buff is more favorable.

4. If the enemy have a fast jungler, you will find yourself having huge trouble to secure your own jungle, as the enemy will most certainly have more xp than you do.
1)
At level 2 you have two spells and the ability to spam them indefinitely. Also, you will still have very high mana when it wears off at a higher level. I didn't say it'd win them the game, but it makes a difference from what I've seen, and that difference may be what's needed to tip the scales.

2)
Thanks to W for AOE, E for the AD boost and Q for the big monsters, you catch up in terms of speed anyway. If you're a lower level, it's even easier to catch up.

3)
The point is to give the lanes as much of a boost as possible, hence a fast Blue and then solo Jungle. It would defeat the purpose of this strategy if I gimped one of the other lanes of their exp by making them leash my Red, which is needed if I want to clear. In my eyes, Red is seriously overated on Mundo.

4)
You assume I actually need my Jungle intact.