Countering Loads of CC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCdiggity

01-17-2013

I just had a ranked game (at an elo of 1253) where it was like this:
Nocturne (me) - Jungle ------------------------ vs ------------------------ Alistar - Jungle
Garen - Top ---------------------------------------- vs ------------------------ Elise - Top
Cho - Mid ------------------------------------------- vs ------------------------ Annie - Mid
Taric & Cait - Bot -------------------------------- vs ------------------------ Ashe & Nunu - Bot

Now, the enemy team has about 4 stuns, 1 knock up, and 2 slows at their disposal. Obviously they could dominate team fights if one doesn't adapt to the team fight with a proper build, right? So I tell my team "guys, build a banshee's veil, merc treads, and Scimitar or a QSS to help counter the amount of cc in a team fight."

Am I wrong about that? I mean, before lane phase it was pretty tight, but our cho was failing. He got camped by alistar and never got a kill out of anything. I probably should've gone by the rule: abandon dead lanes. In retro spect, if I had camped bot lane, maybe that would've helped counter something, but I didn't. Of course, the game ends around 35 minutes. We never even got CLOSE to winning a team fight. Not even close. We had them turret dive and fight us with our own tower at our side and STILL got hammered. If anything, an irelia would've helped a ton against all that cc. I look at my teammates items at the post-game screen and of course, i'm the only one who built anything with tenacity, and a banshees. I finish the game with more gold than my entire team, more assists, and more kills. Not like I tried getting kills, but it just so happened when I got a kill it was b/c I had no choice. If I'm wrong about suggesting that kind of build to my teammates, let me know. SOMEONE EDUCATE ME, because I seriously felt that would've made a huge difference if my team would've just followed the build.

Shesocold

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCdiggity View Post
I just had a ranked game...
Well there's your problem. People don't listen to anyone in ranked because everyone thinks they're the next Dyrus and don't need to listen because they can win every game by them self.

MrCdiggity

01-17-2013

Well...I already understand that but my question remains unanswered. Was I right in the way I was tryin to explain to them how to counter their cc? And not by how I said it per say but about the items I said they should get?