Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dicussion regarding the new ranked system (Are you satisfied with the changes or not)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hwaiting

01-17-2013

Hello, first post here, but I just wanted to give a little bit of thought about the new ranked system.

To be honest, I really like the current rating system. Although I am low elo, I do not believe there is such thing called "Elo Hell", and people who is good enough to be going up will go up. However, now Riot Games is deciding to change that entire rating system and decide to create the new rating system for Season 3 when preseason is over. I looked over the new rating system and I can definitely get some positives out of it. Good players will have a chance to become professional, and I'm sure for some players, this will create "fun" regarding the rank mode.

However, I have some problems regarding this.

Did you guys (Riot Games) consider about how many trolls there might be if no matter how many times you lose at the 1st tier, you do not get dropped? Basically, I don't like the idea that once you reach the rank (Silver, Gold, Diamond, etc), you cannot be deranked to the previous rank, because then all the trolls will be accumulated into 1st tier.

Also another point of no deranking, because there will be no deranking... Later on I think it will lose some meaning of having higher rank than it currently is. People that are Platinum, Diamonds, Gold, and etc have been playing countless amount of matches going up and down, up and down to reach that high rank, but now because there will be no more deranking, it is fairly stress-free I should say, to reach higher rank now. I think this takes the thrill out of ranking matches

There are definitely positives here too. Although I said for me, it is negative that this ranking system will definitely become "stress-free", some people will like that and that's understandable. It is inevitable that this will happen so I'm not going to say CHANGE IT PLEASE, but I'm just stating the problem that I see and see if anyone else might also have a problem.

Thank you for reading

Junipher

01-20-2013

As a low-elo player, I highly disagree with you. I feel that part of the reason why we have trolls in ranked is because they feel that there's no point in trying to win and that they are doomed to "elo hell" now that they have the opportunity to get out of it, I think the trolling should come down a bit.

3NZ0

01-20-2013

If people are trolling because they are stuck in "elo Hell" because they see no way out then isn't it obvious they started trolling the moment they joined a ranked queue. I mean really if you are that mad about it don't ruin it for people who do care and can get out. I got trolled in my 10 placement games and lost them all. I was at 800 elo and now im getting close to 1200 and it's been rough due to these trolls. I also agree that the lack of demotion trolls will get worse.

Noblepeasant

01-20-2013

This system works great on SC2. I'm looking forward to it

Nowevil

01-20-2013

There's still elo. You aren't matched in your league.
Pretty much nothing changed.

iDpark

01-20-2013

But now, it means more.

What's it? A number that we use to measure our skill in an online game.

Trolls are trolls, because they don't care. Hopefully this will change that.\
I also hope that even if it dosen't matter to you personally, it might to others. Respect that.