Thoughts on reverting permament ban?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sumer333

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Hello there fellow summoners. I've recently been permanently banned after playing this game for about 2 years, and having almost 4000 games played across my different accounts. I know what you're thinking "You were warned multiple times, it's your fault it got this far" I completely agree with you sir. I should have learned my lesson after the first few bans, sadly I did not. However, this was in part due to the fact that I had no idea what a report card was or how to see my tribunal case til after my third ban (yes I checked my email after every ban and couldn't find anything). After every ban I told myself I'd try and tone it done, try and not take the game as seriously, I even told myself I'd just stop typing in the chat all together. Unfortunately I'm a very competitive gamer, and when I see people playing poorly or making mistakes, I try and help them improve. You can see in all of my reports I start every game giving advice and trying to help my team. Sometimes doing this causes my teammates to get mad at me and start insulting me, or sometimes I get upset at my team not being able to comprehend stuff like "group up please" after I tell them to 5 times. I guess my problem is I'm not someone who takes unjustified insults laying down. When I'm trying to help my team win, and get swore at for it, I get really upset. After my 3rd ban I started just ignoring these people and reporting them, but I still got upset from time to time and sunk to their level of name calling.

Typically my reports just consist of 1 person on my team who couldn't take advice or critique without getting mad, and reports me for it. I almost never instigate a problem in my games, and am always the first one to try and help my team out. I try to be the shot caller when my team is performing poorly, and sometimes I get a little heated when they aren't performing properly even after giving word for word instructions.

As you can see from my final reform card for my perma ban, I have but a single report in each game....

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6135069/

-First report I got feed up trying to help my team, and with top and jungle flaming bot I got feed up and threw out an unneeded comment.

-What did I even do second game? Just gave my team advice all game...I got a little heated since it was a hard game but never insulted a single person or anything.

-Third game my team was raging and I tried to calm them down and get them to work together all game.
-Fourth game, again, just giving advice all game since my team had no idea how to play. After 40 minutes of getting caught and throwing, I called them "morons" two times, because we ended up losing.

-Fifth game I was getting really fed up with my jungler. I was winning my lane mid handedly, but all other lanes were losing because it was tf mid..I was pleading with my jungler to just gank the tf cause each time he ganked another lane tf just counter ganked and got kills, putting that lane behind and tf back in the game. Then after all of that, I get called a ***** and a nerd by someone on my team so I call him names back.

I can clearly see why I was reported in some of these, but others I just have no idea. And looking through my past reform cards, they look pretty similar to this. I've learned from my mistakes after all these bans, I wish I had access to my reform cards sooner so I could see what I needed to improve on before I got permanently banned. I'm truly sorry to all of the members of my teams for ruining their experiences, when my intention each game is to simply do my best to get my team a win. I've really learned from my mistakes, and now I just simply play league without using the chat at all, and just pinging things every now and then. I can't believe I was ever someone who got so stressed over this game that I would talk down on my team when usually most of them didn't deserve it. I can honesty see such a huge change in the game for myself without typing so much, and just playing the game just to play and have fun. I love this game, I love Riot, and I truly have changed my attitude toward the game. I've spent hundreds of dollars on my main account to support Riot and 2 years worth of content. I would really appreciate one more chance with my main account. I can grantee that I won't ever be seen in tribunal again or Riot can feel free to ban every account I own. If I ever sink so low to play like I use to, I wouldn't want to be a part of this community I love so much anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to read this out, and please be as harsh as possible, I don't really deserve any less.

Vrykonik

01-17-2013

Well they won't give your account back. That being said, you take personal responsibility for your actions. Your future is bright. I wish you luck on your new account. Be as competitive as you want, just remember that being a jerk to people doesn't make them better. Just look for ways you can improve as that will give you better statistical results than anything.

Mitey Oosik

01-17-2013

Doubt it will get reverted.....

But i noticed this a lot, you start to advise, it starts sounding pretty good until you end with "you dumbass". You got banned like everyone else because you think ending everything you say with an insult is advice. News flash, it's not advice, it's an insult.

You chose to insult in so many games to be awarded a perma.
You chose not to seek advise on how to change.
You chose not to fully reform.

It's a silly video game, trust me, it's easy to not care so much. Can it get frustrating, most certainly yes, should you really care, in the grand scheme of things, no.

Greeting the perma lifted won't happen, you can try a new acct and see how far you can go with it.....your only option.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Thoughts:

Quote:
per·ma·nent (pūrm-nnt)
adj.
1. Lasting or remaining without essential change: "the universal human yearning for something permanent, enduring, without shadow of change" (Willa Cather).
2. Not expected to change in status, condition, or place: a permanent address; permanent secretary to the president; a permanent ban.

Sumer333

01-17-2013

Thanks for the advice guys. I agree 100% with what you said. At the very least I'd like to know if there is some way I can get back some of the content I spent hundreds of dollars and almost 2 years of my life saving up..

MFKrazed

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer333 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. I agree 100% with what you said. At the very least I'd like to know if there is some way I can get back some of the content I spent hundreds of dollars and almost 2 years of my life saving up..
There is not a way. You forfeited those things.

dignitas Rampant

01-17-2013

The only way you could is to send Support a remorseful and honest post. Be tactful and polite. Don't insult them or they're going to just chuck it into the bin. Realize going in that you will probably have no chance at recovering your account, and any change on their part will be almost a gift to you. Finally, be humble, show that you are willing to reform, but don't be a sycophant

Sumer333

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKrazed View Post
There is not a way. You forfeited those things.
I'd like to hear from a red if there is some way. I've submitted 4 support tickets about it, and each one just said "We cannot unban your account" and didn't even address what I asked about. I didn't even ask to get my account unbanned in the tickets, and even explained that I understood the reasoning behind it, I just asked about the content.

Also, who down voted a legitimate question? Can you please explain your reasoning for down voting my last post? Did I offend anyone with what I put in it. Maybe that's why I get reported because I offend people like you with how I talk in game. Please elaborate on your down vote so I can understand the mindset of the player base in this community. Thank you.

dignitas Rampant

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer333 View Post
I'd like to hear from a red if there is some way. I've submitted 4 support tickets about it, and each one just said "We can unban your account" and didn't even mention what I asked about.

Also, who down voted a legitimate question? Can you please explain your reasoning for down voting my last post? Did I offend anyone with what I put in it. Maybe that's why I get reported because I offend people like who with how I talk in game. Please elaborate on your down vote so I can understand the mindset of the player base in this community. Thank you.
Don't mind too much about the downvotes on this forum. One or two in either direction are to be expected, its only if you get four or five when you should really worry about what you did wrong.

Llesh

01-17-2013

First let me say I'm always glad when someone looks to improve themselves. That being said there is very little about what you have to say that makes me think you honestly are changing or even looking to change. Reports only gather for so many months (3 i believe) and if you improve your behavior they will not negatively effect you; you did not improve.

This is a permanent ban... which means a person at riot went over all the info that regular people do not have and considers you to be one of the worse of the worse.

You do not try to help others improve you harass and badger them into doing what you want or else you become mean.

You agree you should have learned your lesson and you agree you were wrong, so you do not deserve to have your account returned to you.

If you were not receiving emails or other info about your previous bans and you still did not contact support either you did not think it was important enough to do something about or you didnt put credence to their future actions, both your own fault.

You did not support riot with your hundreds of dollars, you paid for things you wanted, to enjoy your time spent playing a game. During that time you were a detriment to the community at large.

TL/DR:

Little chance you are contrite, I hope you learned from this experience and become a pillar of the community, but you do not deserve anything back.