The Void Chronicles (Teaser Sample)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warmth of Winter

02-28-2012

THE FIRST TWO PARAGRAPHS HERE ARE JUST ME TALKING, AND BEING BORING AND SUCH! The actual writing takes place a post below this, oh please, be gentle.
Riot, dear friends and patrons, suppliers of goods and awesome to the LoL community at large, it would seem you have decided to neglect an aspect of your experience (a few) of us loved dearly. I find myself looking to the Journal of Justice like a child looks to the presents underneath the Holiday tree; there's some stuff there, I know there is, enough that I want the presents, but I just can't have them. =[

So anyhow; I got rather upset by the lack of lore Riot's been providing us with as of late (not me complaining mind you, the experience they deliver is bloody amazing, and FREE), and as a result, I began theorizing plots, and expanding upon the trails Riot left us with. I've basically constructed this elaborate, weaving plot revolving around the rising tensions between the Void champions, and I figured, what the hell, maybe I could help others with their desire for League-based lore. So; I'm starting a campaign of lore, I'll try to post it frequently, I won't do chapters, I will instead be doing sections, like parts in a play. I suck at writing, so there's really no need to remind me of such, I'm providing this mostly as imaginative material so you can all daydream about your own Void-lore and the like.

This'll just be a teaser, a sample, but it will still establish a basis for the plotline I'll be following for quite some time (probably until Riot kicks back up with the lore, done right).

Warmth of Winter

02-28-2012

The Void Chronicles

Silence… A silence more invasive than the most intrusive of disruption, the loudest of interruption, an eerie silence, oozing maleficence, in a way only sentience could, the silence pervaded her surroundings.

A low-pitched whistle, a throaty hum, matter and reality, drained gradually, then rapidly, into a slight rift, a tear in fabric binding together realities. Air; expulsed shakily, painfully, the woman stood there, apprehension seeping into her bones, terror gripping her flesh.

Forms and figures, shifting in an alien light, whilst no more than shadows to the eyes of mortals, the woman knew, or rather knew that she hadn’t want to know, what horrors lay hidden in such shades. Wisps of otherworldly light licked and probed, questing into this alternate plane, at first gingerly, then with the confidence and gait of a stalking predator. The tentative wisps gave way to a being, expanding and expulsing, till they flowed and licked the lone woman’s toes, laid bare in the cool summer’s night of the Kumungu paradise, a being strode forth upon the other-worldly tendrils, or rather, glided, ripples of violet energy pulsing in his wake.

“No… It can’t… be…”

The woman’s eyes shrank back into her skull, recoiling with disbelief, shock … fear.

“Why do you stare at me so? Is that fear in your eyes? Is that weakness, I smell, emanating from your soul? Come, mortal, embrace this familiar flesh. Embrace this body, and allow me to grant you, the gifts of the Void…”

Not a sound was heard, not a stranger was seen, and not a sign was foretold. The small tribe, eking out a living underneath the airy trees and pervasive sun of the Kumungu, hadn’t a clue as to why they came upon one of their maidens, collapsed, without thoughtful mind, on the dirt floor of her hut. She was free of sickness, her body not afflicted by age nor injury. Yet there she laid, her eyes darting beneath their lids, her lips twitching, grimaces of pain and fear dancing across her features. Perhaps even more-so bewildering was the unconscious decision her body made to birth her child. She had been with kin for three or so seasons or 9 cycles of the stars and moon. The village had been preparing for the birthing, herbs, salves, poultices, rags, and other things of a more spiritual nature. Expecting a birth of another, sobbing, fighting babe, pushed forth from a tortured and fatigued mother, what they were greeted with instead... a woman who appeared in dreams, at one with the spirits, giving birth without tear or shout, and a babe, born without kicks or movement. A morbid silence drifted through and about the village-folk, the mother, still deep in dreams, the babe, still without movement. Villagers gathered and crowded around the one appointed shaman, doctor, witch, leader, and stared with unblinking eyes at the seemingly lifeless babe. The shaman’s eyes shut tight, deep in thought, he held the babe with gnarled fingers, curved nails like talons. It wasn’t long before it had become clear the worst had happened… the child was born without life, without soul. A gentle, haunting chant, warbled from the throats of the encroached villagers. Wails and bellows sounded throughout the mess of huts and sand. When, at once the babe’s eyes flashed open, eliciting exclamations of surprise and bewilderment from those gathered around. The shaman looked down upon the bundle laying nestled in the crook of his skeletal arms, and gasped; eyes of furious, pulsing blue, stared back at him, reflecting the deep of the ocean and the forever of the sky. Most of the villagers stood pillar-still, dumbfounded, some gripped by terror, others by a sudden sense, a most strange and abnormal surge of want for the unknown, wanderlust of the soul… The shaman held the babe up high, hoisting him skyward. The reply from the villagers was immediate; they bowed and chanted, blessed and begged…

They had been given a seer, an envoy of the heavens…

Warmth of Winter

02-28-2012

Oh yea.
###Reserved for authoritative stuff and the like###
The first episode is now out! Find it here; http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1922960

Warmth of Winter

02-29-2012

No comments? Or even a thumbs up? It feels so lonely. T.T
EDIT###
Oh goody, I got an upvote. Comments and feedback would be appreciated, I need to know if I should expand upon this or just drop it. =T

Warmth of Winter

03-03-2012

Bumpity

Paladin of Light

03-06-2012

Lol I didn't get comments either for the first few days, but it's pretty good so far. So keep it up!

Warmth of Winter

03-06-2012

I guess fan fiction isn't a very active forum. =T
In any case, thanks for providing feedback. I will continue this, and I'll introduce the OC that I provided grounding for with the second story paragraph (I'll also be re-writing his champion concept, as I've posted him before, just with different skills, that I no longer feel apply to his character. Zamzasel is the OC to be introduced in the next post).

Peffern

01-19-2013

Hi! It seems kind of lonely here. Are you still here? It seems like you don't get many visitors. Anyway, feedback:
You have too many commas; it makes your sentence flow rather interrupted. The plot is good, the word choice is good, I like it!