Can someone help on jungling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEHCHOSUNWON

01-17-2013

Hello everyone! I just recently hit level 30 (about 13 days ago, I haven't played a match since then though. Only one aram). I started playing support when I was about level 23, and have played support ever since (my brother plays adc, I play support). However, I have noticed that jungle and support are the least played roles, and since many people like to go duo que bot adc/support, I feel that I need a backup role. I CAN play just about any role, as I have a champion I like for each one (Kha' Zix top, ahri/kat mid, kog' maw bot, master yi/nautilus jungle, about any support for support. HOWEVER, since not many people want to play jungle, I feel as if I should fill in as that role. The current champions I own are:
-Ahri
-Alistar
-Annie
-Blitzcrank
-Brand
-Fiddlesticks
-Janna
-Katarina
-Kha' Zix
-Kog' Maw
-Leona
-Lulu
-Master Yi
-Nami
-Nautilus
-Nunu
-Ryze
-Sona
-Soraka
-Taric
-Teemo
-Tristana
-Twisted Fate
I need a new jungler, one that isn't too much ip though because I don't have much ip to spare (still working on getting those runes). I DO have armor reds and yellows as well as gp/10 and ap quints. I also have scaling ap blues and attack speed and attack damage reds. Is there any jungler you guys would recommend for me? I know that I can do nautilus and master yi jungle, but I don't know if it would work out so well. Could you guys help me out a bit? Also- I have tried jungling, and I start off "ok", I guess but my main problem seems to be ganking. I mainly farm in the jungle because I don't know how and when to gank. Another problem is that I don't know jungle routes. I know that I should go wolves -> blue -> wraiths -> golems -> red, but I don't really know what to do after that. I have heard that warwick is a good jungler as well as nunu and amumu, and since udyr is getting a price drop, would he be worth picking up (I have heard that udyr is a good noob jungler).

TL; DR
I don't know how to jungle properly and need jungler suggestions. Help please

UtinMan

01-17-2013

all you need is nautilus really; lots of cc for ganking, pretty good late game, ok farmer, pretty good sustain. but udyr, skarner, and amumu are great for learning the ropes....although ima still pretty terrible jungler

doomed2death

01-17-2013

Amummu (1350)- Decent clear times as long as he has blue; Initiation + CC put into 1 skill for a gank, meaning decent ganks; regardless of how well he does, his ultimate can still be a fight changer; can be built a tank or a decent AP damage dealer depending on situation or even hybrid AP tank; his W deals good damage without any items. Also, naturally builds Aegis/Bulwark so very helpful to team.

Jax (1350)- Mediocre ganks (has cc and initiation that are mediocre but great damage), mediocre clear times, can also be played top, can be built tanky and still deal a lot of damage, very item independant (hence, bad jungling doesn't mean as much to him). However, he's pretty level dependent so be careful.

Evelynn (1350)- Bad clear times, even with blue; great ganks (can bypass wards unless they spend an extra 50 per ward which seriously cripples them) with great damage and chase ability despite the lack of CC; great damage dealer and assassin; great chaser; great burst; recently heavily nerfed and havne't played her yet so you may not want to buy her (haven't tester her post-nerfs yet).

Devious Rogue

01-17-2013

You have maybe two second-choice Junglers, Nunu and Nautilus. Oh, right, and Junglesticks.

I suggest getting Xin and Jax. They're my main Jungles with similar playstyles in a lot of areas.
Both fairly safe in Jungle. (Xin has natural sustain and Jax can dodge all Jungle Creep attacks or 2 seconds before stunning them all)
Both have a closer that takes you right to the enemy. (Good for chasing, initiating or you can use them when the enemy procs their escape mechanism)
Both have hard CC (gank harder, peel better)
Both do tonnes of damage.
Both can be built tanky or damage-based.

ThePonsterMenis

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomed2death View Post
Amummu (1350)- Decent clear times as long as he has blue; Initiation + CC put into 1 skill for a gank, meaning decent ganks; regardless of how well he does, his ultimate can still be a fight changer; can be built a tank or a decent AP damage dealer depending on situation or even hybrid AP tank; his W deals good damage without any items. Also, naturally builds Aegis/Bulwark so very helpful to team.

Jax (1350)- Mediocre ganks (has cc and initiation that are mediocre but great damage), mediocre clear times, can also be played top, can be built tanky and still deal a lot of damage, very item independant (hence, bad jungling doesn't mean as much to him). However, he's pretty level dependent so be careful.

Evelynn (1350)- Bad clear times, even with blue; great ganks (can bypass wards unless they spend an extra 50 per ward which seriously cripples them) with great damage and chase ability despite the lack of CC; great damage dealer and assassin; great chaser; great burst; recently heavily nerfed and havne't played her yet so you may not want to buy her (haven't tester her post-nerfs yet).
As I take it you only want to buy 1 jungler? If that's the case:

*Best choice* Mumu- "Easiest" of all the tier 1 junglers. Land skill shots, press r when your team is close. Real weakness is that you are kind of easy to counter jungle because of your slow clear times.

Jax- Great counter jungler, split pusher, great clear times + survivability. Weakness is he might not provide the tanky + CC you are looking for end game. WEQ gank is nasty.

All in Xin is not for a newer jungler.

Eve is now viable AD, not the same pop and harder to close gaps, but boy can you light people up. Best ganks, not the best at taking objectives, *EXCELLENT CLEAR TIME*

Malphite is actually probably my 2nd pick. Slow until about 6. However, cheaper ap and some really bunky auras this season make him a force.

Falcorton

01-17-2013

Shaco master and become terror in all lanes

Etherimp

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePonsterMenis View Post
As I take it you only want to buy 1 jungler? If that's the case:

*Best choice* Mumu- "Easiest" of all the tier 1 junglers. Land skill shots, press r when your team is close. Real weakness is that you are kind of easy to counter jungle because of your slow clear times.

Jax- Great counter jungler, split pusher, great clear times + survivability. Weakness is he might not provide the tanky + CC you are looking for end game. WEQ gank is nasty.

All in Xin is not for a newer jungler.

Eve is now viable AD, not the same pop and harder to close gaps, but boy can you light people up. Best ganks, not the best at taking objectives, *EXCELLENT CLEAR TIME*

Malphite is actually probably my 2nd pick. Slow until about 6. However, cheaper ap and some really bunky auras this season make him a force.

Amumu does not have slow clear times. He's also not "easily counter jungled". More like, IF you take his blue, it hurts him, and he's weak at level 1.. but that goes for a lot of junglers, Nautilus included.. In fact, Naut is weaker early on than Amumu and much slower.

I'd recommend Amumu. He's cheap, he's tanky, he does good damage, his jungling is relatively fast and safe, and he's a CC machine. Cho'gath is also a solid choice.

Warwick is ****.

As far as routes...

Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Red -> Wraiths -> Gank or Recall -> Gank, for Amumu.

For Cho'gath..

Wolves -> Blue -> Gank -> Wraiths -> Red -> Gank -> etc.

rekkless

01-18-2013

amumu is a devastatingly effective jungler, he clears very quickly and outside his first clear is vey safe b/c doesn't get low at all once tantrum is level 3, you have to have your team guard you blue as long as you get blue you are good

Etherimp

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekkless View Post
amumu is a devastatingly effective jungler, he clears very quickly and outside his first clear is vey safe b/c doesn't get low at all once tantrum is level 3, you have to have your team guard you blue as long as you get blue you are good
this.

vortical42

01-18-2013

Looking at your champs, you already have several really good junglers. I'd save your ip and start learning to jungle nunu. I would also recomend jungle kaz for situations where your team is tank heavy and you want to bring more damage.