How do you deal with players who are extremely good at the game, but complete jerks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HawksGoCAW

01-17-2013

Meanwhile, people believe in Elo Hell.

BiggerFish

01-17-2013

Mute them and profit

Kroda13

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswends View Post
So many whiny little QQ-ers here.

so we are supposed to let someone verbally abuse us and berate us in a video game? I don't think so I will report him fast and if I see someone like that in the Tribunal even for one match I will hit punish. Obivously you are young kid and don't understand how to treat others yet.

BiggerFish

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroda13 View Post
so we are supposed to let someone verbally abuse us and berate us in a video game? I don't think so I will report him fast and if I see someone like that in the Tribunal even for one match I will hit punish. Obivously you are young kid and don't understand how to treat others yet.
One could say you are the kid because you can't deal with others.

Anemonet

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitality View Post
This depends on how you define benefiting.

Is it really benefiting the OP to rack up a normal game win at the expense of this guy sucking the fun out of it by being an *******? Or did it just ruin his entire experience.

It's not even like the guy was giving him tips on how to get better.

I can get as much out of losing a game out of winning so I have a hard time defining the act of winning a game to be inherently beneficial.
Not everyone in this game wants to teach others how to play it. Not every single person is going to take you under their wing and try to explain a game that you're playing, therefore should know enough to not do horribly.

Real life applies just as much here as anywhere, not everyone is here to benefit you, people aren't here to make your time jolly, they're here to enjoy themselves.

Everyone here thinks that if they're doing bad some person had to teach them what they're doing wrong and be positive and friendly like they're best buds. They want to win, they know how to win, they don't want to waste their time dealing with people that don't listen, which is a good... what, 50% of the community?

OT:

This community needs to get thicker skin, you all take insults so personally, you're being insulted by a person that may have a HORRIBLE life, problems, they might deal with their problems through raging at you, they might need help but it's not your place to say. They could be way worse off than you outside of this game. No one here understands " A random person on the internet insulted me? Lol they don't know me I shouldn't care" it's "THEY BELITTLED ME, THEY MUST PAY, TO THE TRIBUNAL YOU HAG"

If you're having a bad time in the game because of other people, you're choosing to let what they did ruin your experience.
You're giving them power in taking what they said seriously. You give them the power over you, if you didn't take it seriously it's just some random moron on the internet spewing words.

AK47WOLF

01-17-2013

Quote:
Your attitude towards this is more reflective of immaturity and lack of responsibility that the other side of the argument is.

Kroda13

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFish View Post
One could say you are the kid because you can't deal with others.

I can deal fine with others but I should not have to put up with jerks in a game I play to have a fun and relax after work. Being a good player does not make it ok for him to talk down to his team mates jsut because they aren't as good as he is.

King Salomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

I don't care much about losing if I can actually enjoy the game. I'd report him for sure.

AK47WOLF

01-17-2013

Quote:
I can deal fine with others but I should not have to put up with jerks in a game I play to have a fun and relax after work. Being a good player does not make it ok for him to talk down to his team mates jsut because they aren't as good as he is.
With respect, some would argue that this is not a wind down game that you play to relax after a long day. In fact there are people who perceive this as a greater problem than people who are verbally unpleasant but are nonetheless playing well.

JupitersKy

01-17-2013

Try and get better so you aren't called a noob bronze trash player. Report yourselves also for ruining his game play lol