Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you deal with players who are extremely good at the game, but complete jerks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scrappycocopuff

01-17-2013

ignore them

roswends

01-17-2013

Dude, Elo is hard to gain with baddies feeding all day.

AK47WOLF

01-17-2013

It's an ill-advised practice to consciously and deliberately hinder somebody whom you have benefited from. If you're going to report him then so be it, just know that if you practice this virtue in real life, there will eventually be consequences.

Ephyra Strauss

01-17-2013

Doesn't matter how pro he was how hard he carried the team. He threatened to ruin the game in champion selection if he didn't get what he wanted and after that he started some sort of harassment to you.

That's reportable. :/

roswends

01-17-2013

So many whiny little QQ-ers here.

Digitality

01-17-2013

Quote:
AK47WOLF:
It's an ill-advised practice to consciously and deliberately hinder somebody whom you have benefited from. If you're going to report him then so be it, just know that if you practice this virtue in real life, there will eventually be consequences.

This depends on how you define benefiting.

Is it really benefiting the OP to rack up a normal game win at the expense of this guy sucking the fun out of it by being an *******? Or did it just ruin his entire experience.

It's not even like the guy was giving him tips on how to get better.

I can get as much out of losing a game out of winning so I have a hard time defining the act of winning a game to be inherently beneficial.

Mr Pizza

01-17-2013

Report him. He should be the one giving you guys some advice

iwillpwneveryone

01-17-2013

wow... the reporting system here is worse than runescape's

AK47WOLF

01-17-2013

Quote:
Digitality:
This depends on how you define benefiting.

Is it really benefiting the OP to rack up a normal game win at the expense of this guy sucking the fun out of it by being an *******? Or did it just ruin his entire experience.

It's not even like the guy was giving him tips on how to get better.

I can get as much out of losing a game out of winning so I have a hard time defining the act of winning a game to be inherently beneficial.

Under the assumption that you'd rather win than lose, winning is a benefit. The OP himself admitted that they would have lost without him, and the OP was at least intelligent enough to recognize a moral dilemma with reporting the individual.

The semantics of "benefiting" is irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make so long as victory is favored over defeat.

Beertaster

01-17-2013

There are plenty of people who are great at Lol and are not hateful jerks.