How do you deal with players who are extremely good at the game, but complete jerks?

12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Remikai

01-17-2013

Just ignore him and be happy you are nothing like that. Not worth getting butthurt over it.

Amazing how you people have made it this far in life.

The SHP

01-17-2013

whether you won or lost doesn't entitle the guy to be a dick, even if he was responsible for the win. Report him, period, at the very least for saying 'mid or feed' or whatever' (although without pregame chat being seen that doesn't mean much)

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsafe View Post
If i was in that game "trash bronze kids" wouldn't upset me at all, the dude was good and comparatively he was just telling the truth.

On that note: "uninstall game and then uninstall life for being so bad." He's a scumbag... report him.
Ok imagine someone calls you "trash". Now imagine someone calls you "kid". Now imagine someone calls you "trash kid". How does putting the word "bronze" in the middle make it less dickish? If you walked up to some homeless old man on the street and said "trash homeless kid" to him, is that ok just because "comparatively you were just telling the truth"? The way he worded it is uncalled for.

103percent

01-17-2013

Well for starters, I think the MM could use a whole lot of work. Why in the world is someone so good being paired with players in a clearly lower level? Sure, the new ranked system looks good; and maybe it'll take care of this issue for some extent in ranked. But blind and draft are still SOL.

And honestly, it's irritating. It's irritating having completely one-sided matches where one side dominates the other and it's just a steamroll to victory. I can't count the number of times I've been grouped with completely clueless players who don't even understand the basics of last hitting, warding, sticking together, not constantly roaming the enemy jungle (even when OUR team is the one with turrents down) etc (and this is players at lvl 30; with 100s of wins under their belts). As far as I'm concerned, the only concern of the MM is to keep players at a 50:50 W/L and it'll do whatever it has to to keep it that way (even setting up teams for failure by sticking overall less skilled players against a more skilled/experienced team). It's even more noticeable now with the banners when you see a team full of silver players going against a team of nobodies.

More direct to your question though: probably nothing. Once upon a time I would report for negative attitude; maybe I still would. But the hardest thing it seems to be (to me) to find nowadays is someone who knows how to play the game and doesn't just "gg surrender 20" as soon as they lose first blood. While he might have berated you, I'd almost give him the pass just cause he stuck with the game and didn't rage quit or afk/feed because it wasn't going "his way".

roswends

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

I use terms from Heroes of Newerth.

"Get dumpstered kid."

Kroda13

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswends View Post
I'd give that man a medal.

Report if you want but consider the fact you were carried pretty hard. Also people like him are like that because they are tired of people like you feeding their games and causing him to lose. It's a true story. I've had SO many games where I raped my lane but lost because everyone else feeds and doesn't ward.

inb4 downvotes because you noobs know this is true.

that does not give him the right to verbally abuse his team jsut because they aren't as good as he is. I would report him if he is like that in one game he is probably like that in all of his games and deserves to be perma banned. We don't need jerks like that in the game. People like him are what ruined WoW.

Digitality

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswends View Post
I'd give that man a medal.

Report if you want but consider the fact you were carried pretty hard. Also people like him are like that because they are tired of people like you feeding their games and causing him to lose. It's a true story. I've had SO many games where I raped my lane but lost because everyone else feeds and doesn't ward.

inb4 downvotes because you noobs know this is true.
Him carrying hard is irrelevant to his attitude towards his fellow players.

Being good at the game is not an excuse to be an ass to players who aren't.

He could literally be the reason they were doing so poorly as matchmaking will offset his rating in comparison to his teammates against the team they're matched against.

That is to say, they were playing against opponents more skilled than they were just by having that guy in the game. The expected happened and the skill offset still left the game open to go either way.

Gaxxe

01-17-2013

Honestly most of the time I don't report people, I just insta ignore them if they get on my nerves. Fixes all my problems, they deserve to be banned but if they're not hurting me because they're ignored then I really could care less. I will always report AFKers though, I can't tell you how many games I've lost cause of AFKers.

Stiletto

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePegasus View Post
You shut up and let them give free elo to you
such an elo ho
lol

Zoram

01-17-2013

take out the trash and report him. I'm sure even diamond/plat players hate this guy if he acts this way.

12345612 ... 19