How do you deal with players who are extremely good at the game, but complete jerks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThisNameDoesntFi

01-18-2013

just report him anyways, no matter how good of a player you are, be a toxic jerk and it's always worth the report.

The Metagame

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemonet View Post
Oh goodness, you have a reading problem don't you?
See the post above you. Sort of humorous with your timing.

Anyway, you have to explain the reading problem. Because this:
Quote:
The reciprocate of "Where, then, is that line where aptitude at a game is important enough to where that person can then ignore the same rules governing everyone else?"

Basically means, "When is it the skill of a person good enough at a game enough for them to ignore the rules of the game."

Now, that would imply I had pushed the idea "He's good enough at the game so he should be able to ignore the rules"

Now, if you use your head, you would realize in not ever pushing this idea, I've answered your question already. You basically asked a question you knew the answer to.
...assumes that my original post was a response to you. It was presented in relation to the rest of the thread, which makes that exact argument.

You're moving the goalposts here, repeatedly. You've never even touched on the argument. At first you claimed that examples used weren't relatable, I explained why they were. You then decided to stop even discussing on whether they were relatable, and act as if the purpose of my original post was somehow directed at you, which it obviously wasn't.

Quote:
Say something clever about that.
You have no reason to take this personally, I'm not trying to be insulting here.

The Metagame

01-18-2013

Quote:
And troll, really? You throw that word around way too loosely then.
I said "I was beginning to suspect", not necessarily that you definitely were.

Quote:
My sincerest apologies, it's 7 AM here, I'm pretty tired, but as staring at the ceiling hasn't entertained me for the past 3 hours while my dear friend insomnia rides me like seabiscuit, I've found it hard to keep track of some of the quotes.
The fun part begins when I have to leave for work.... in 2 1/2 hours. : D
You and me, both. Being at the opposite end of being tired/suffering from boredom, having just come off of work, good luck at work, dude.

Thx for the discussion.

Anemonet

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Metagame View Post
See the post above you. Sort of humorous with your timing.

Anyway, you have to explain the reading problem. Because this:
...assumes that my original post was a response to you. It was presented in relation to the rest of the thread, which makes that exact argument.

You're moving the goalposts here, repeatedly. You've never even touched on the argument. At first you claimed that examples used weren't relatable, I explained why they were. You then decided to stop even discussing on whether they were relatable, and act as if the purpose of my original post was somehow directed at you, which it obviously wasn't.

You have no reason to take this personally, I'm not trying to be insulting here.
They're not relatable because the outcomes are completely different and one is highly exaggerated. Rape, relatable to insult? Your relatable common factors here, are; bad, unfair, and game.

Those football players ARE in fact star players on their team and have some sort of fame, the jerk in the OP's game was not, he simply carried their game.

Let's change it down to this "That guy that's good at football should be able to rape women because he's good at football, or so he says"

Now you're trying to relate that to "Some guy on league carried a game on league so he can ignore the rules"

And you're pretty bad at keeping up with what you've said, Mr. "You're side stepping the question" read the post right before that, that was your question, you jumped to how they're relatable because you know how silly what you said was when you realize you asked me a question you knew my standpoint on.

"Where, then, is that line where aptitude at a game is important enough to where that person can then ignore the same rules governing everyone else?"

First question ^

Your statement from the next post:

Hence the reason that you're side-stepping the question.

Now, when I've answered it, you IMMEDIATELY jump to "OH BUT HOW ARE THEY RELATABLE? QUIT IGNORING MY QUESTION"

Why? Because when I pointed out what you asked was answered you had to take the focus off of your response and put it somewhere else?

If that post wasn't directed at me, point me to your "original question" because that was the first one you sent my way, unless you're denying your first post that I had replied to clearly a few pages back. Did you mail me a question? Text me? What other question?

And I'll have a such a lovely time at work with... little to no sleep at all.

Ditto yourself.

The Metagame

01-18-2013

Quote:
They're not relatable because the outcomes are completely different and one if highly exaggerated. Rape, relatable to insult? Your relatable common factors here, are; bad, unfair, and game.

Those football players ARE in fact star players on their team and have some sort of fame, the jerk in the OP's game was not, he simply carried their game.

Let's change it down to this "That guy that's good at football should be able to rape women because he's good at football, or so he says"

Now you're trying to relate that to "Some guy on league carried a game on league and he's a jerk"
You're entire argument here is simply "they're not relatable, because one example is more extreme", not not that they do not have common factors to relate to each other.

You keep going to the football players being celebrities, which I'll admit was my fault since I referred to "celebrities", but it's tied to their aptitude in a game. Feel free to re-read the thread. Arguments throughout have been "he carried you, he shouldn't be banned." It's in the very thread you're taking part in.

Quote:
And you're pretty bad at keeping up with what you've said, Mr. "You're side stepping the question" read the post right before that, that was your question, you jumped to how they're relatable because you know how stupid what you said was when you realize you asked me a question you knew my standpoint on.
I didn't know your standpoint until you actually stated what your standpoint was. I'm not a mind reader. People don't automatically know where you stand.

Quote:
Why? Because when I pointed out what you asked was answered you had to take the focus off of your stupid response and put it somewhere else?
You side-stepped the question by saying they were not relatable, and therefore, were under no obligation to explain how aptitude at a game should have any bearing on being reported. You've basically answered earlier with "he shouldn't have been banned because all he said were some words." You're ignoring what the reports literally have available as options (verbal abuse).

NoobMascot

01-18-2013

I can understand where that player is coming from though.
I've played ~1500 for awhile, came back to 900 elo on my other account and we had basically no adc and no apc cause all they did was 0-10 all game and I was crying for a surrender.

It took our kat and sivir (with cho to babysit them) to kill renger 1v3 every team fight while me irelia and Janna had to 2v4 the rest of their team multiple time throughout the entire game.

As much of an ass I was that game, it was demoralizing knowing that those 2 bads are going to get a win they didn't earn but I wasn't cussing and etc, I just wanted to surrender and same goes for Janna but the OTHER 3 kept clicking no.

ebood

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by an army of dudes View Post
My friends and I played a normal game (we were 4) and we got queued with this Diamond player.

First, in champ selection, he says "mid or afk/feed", so we're like, whatever, let's let him go mid.

In game we were all doing poorly, losing our lane, except him, who was destroying the enemy laner.

He berated us the whole game, calling us "trash bronze kids", or saying that we should "uninstall game and then uninstall life for being so bad".

However, he ended up carrying the game extremely hard. He almost killed the enemy team 1v5, scored a pentakill, and then destroyed the enemy Nexus on his own.

He finished the game 20/2/3.

We wanted to report him, but we were a bit reluctant to do it as it was obvious that without him we would have lost the game hard.

What would you guys do in this situation?
ignore them and enjoy getting carried?
stop crying cuz someone said **** to you behind their computers and man the **** up

<3 being downvotes by little butthurt kiddos
i want more plox kiddies

Anemonet

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Metagame View Post
You're entire argument here is simply "they're not relatable, because one example is more extreme", not not that they do not have common factors to relate to each other.

You keep going to the football players being celebrities, which I'll admit was my fault since I referred to "celebrities", but it's tied to their aptitude in a game. Feel free to re-read the thread. Arguments throughout have been "he carried you, he shouldn't be banned." It's in the very thread you're taking part in.

I didn't know your standpoint until you actually stated what your standpoint was. I'm not a mind reader. People don't automatically know where you stand.

You side-stepped the question by saying they were not relatable, and therefore, were under no obligation to explain how aptitude at a game should have any bearing on being reported. You've basically answered earlier with "he shouldn't have been banned because all he said were some words." You're ignoring what the reports literally have available as options (verbal abuse).

I didn't sidestep anything considering my standpoint on the entire question has been pretty valid since page 4 of this thread, yet you keep on asking "Why are you sidestepping my question???" I didn't, my answer has been here since before you posted.

Second, you took two completely different things with a few factors in common and say they're relatable.

The effects of insults anonymously online over a game is not nearly as severe as rape.

You said "Well what if these guys that did this horrible thing got off scott free" they could have had it not been reported as offensive.

If this guy chose to not report him, he's NOT going to get in trouble for it. He's questioning if it is worth the report for a situation like this, bring me someone who questions if rape is worthy of contacting the authorities.

Insults on an online game aren't going to hinder life threatening choices for the person who experienced it. Clearly this thread is related to the OP, why don't you ask him if he's going to commit suicide because he was insulted.

Insults in an online community, where a justice system is not actually instated but it is controlled by majority vote overseen by a company, based on a small community that plays this specific game are not comparable to rape, a felony, overseen by an actual justice system.

The only thing you're relating is the fact "They did something, should they get off free" and I'm telling you what they DID isn't relatable and completely relevant to something like this.

Your scenarios are relatable, your punishments are relatable, your crimes are not, which is what I have been saying.

Rape shouldn't ever be overlooked. Rape in this scenario related to this context of this game, I would consider on the same severity as hacking. Hacking shouldn't ever be overlooked.

I consider insults to be something that definitely can be overlooked.

Anywho, I'm done with this specific two person conversation.

Kanyne

01-18-2013

Sigh. I remember when i lived in us and just for telling someone i was going to kick his ass the next day at school got fukin interrogated by the police... American kids are so spoiled and whiny they really need to grow a pair...

besides from that observation. Put yourself in his place, he freaking carried you, and u got free elo because of him. He might be saying "sigh, fukin hate playing with noobs they should go to bots, they made me rage and im pissed" and instead of saying thank you, you are here wondering if you should report him? You seem very young from your whining.

My advice to you is enjoy free elo, and if/when you grow hair on your balls you are still raging about this, report.

Neroth

01-18-2013

Ignore and report him.
If he went 1000000/0, i would still do it.