How do you deal with players who are extremely good at the game, but complete jerks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TimofeyMozgov

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels Winfield View Post
Someone spending time on the internet in a very nerdy setting of a video game forum... trolling people because they use the internet for things in their life?

I'm no expert in logic...but I'm not certain that one works out real well.
Whoops didn't mean to insult your only "dating" method.

Booker DeWitt

01-17-2013

I think this thread should require you post your age and opinion because i am seeing a trend in the way people look at it

Jewels Winfield

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZankouHoshizora View Post
It frightens me that you're trying to be the voice of maturity with this advice.

I was given this exact same advice, you know, once upon a time. Somehow, the adults that were in my life growing up thought that it was good advice.

It wasn't. All it did was silence my voice while letting the bullies in my life keep poking fun at me all they wanted without rebuke. "Don't take it seriously" became nothing more than "don't complain", "Don't let them know it bothers you", I believe. And suddenly I have to sit there, mouth in a thin line as I try my hardest to ignore the insult, and now if I react to it it's suddenly my fault, never theirs. That's the "maturity" you're peddling.

Now that I am an adult, my idea of maturity means standing up for myself and saying "this is not how I should be treated!" Is that taking verbal abuse seriously? I don't care, because as far as I'm concerned it's what should be done. That's the maturity I've learned, and if it's out of line with yours or with your society, then all that is to me is justification to change the status quo.

If you want to not do anything to fix the problem of verbal abuse, either in League of Legends or society as a whole, keep spreading that advice. It doesn't help.

I agree..harassment is harassment.

Just like in the OP. I don't care what he did or how he did it... abuse me... I'm going to stand up for myself in a mature way...but be damned sure I'm not going to just put up with it.

TimofeyMozgov

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriedPrunes View Post
That guy seems pretty cool to me
Right? All I see is 20/2/3 and a win.

TimofeyMozgov

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Call Wall Hax View Post
I think this thread should require you post your age and opinion because i am seeing a trend in the way people look at it
Also include gender and sexual orientation.

Winderz

01-17-2013

It's a normal game, he shouldn't be playing normal if he can't deal with the possibility that the other team might be better.

Booker DeWitt

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimofeyMozgov View Post
Also include gender and sexual orientation.
Honestly i am just thinking that age is relevant as it feels like the ones who would ban are under 15-16 and over 30 while the in between just shrug it off

Jewels Winfield

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimofeyMozgov View Post
Whoops didn't mean to insult your only "dating" method.
I want to correct you...but why even bother. I know who I'm going home to this evening and I'm quite happy with her. (Inb4 joke about "her" being some inanimate object)

But.. I'm done responding to this guy.. you stopped making points about the OPs original question pages ago when you just resorted to trolling instead of going for a counter point.

Jewels Winfield

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Call Wall Hax View Post
27 y/o, white, straight male

College graduate: Economics & Philosophy majors

Report the ****.

TimofeyMozgov

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels Winfield View Post
I want to correct you...but why even bother. I know who I'm going home to this evening and I'm quite happy with her. (Inb4 joke about "her" being some inanimate object)

But.. I'm done responding to this guy.. you stopped making points about the OPs original question pages ago when you just resorted to trolling instead of going for a counter point.
And there it is, the white flag.