Something that would make Dominion more dynamic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laker

01-17-2013

Instead of prohibiting entry to the map until the 1:20 minute mark, why not just prohibit capturing points until then? In other words, we have free access to the map from 00:00, just like SR and TT does, yet the actual capturing of nodes is shut off until 1:20 (or sooner).

What this would do (Keep in mind this is BEFORE the 1:20 start)

Encourages actual use of the FoW lanes that lead out to the map (as opposed to, very predictably, the 4 top 1 bot meta).
If you don’t enter the jungle through the fogged up lane, then you give up your position to the enemy team, putting you at an immediate disadvantage.

Makes teams coordinate through the jungle to get into position for ganks/team fights/node captures (similar to SR’s level 1 fight).
This can set up some amazing fights, maybe even 5v5 fights. For example, both teams coincidentally decide to invade their opponents’ bot node. They all leave through the lower FoW lane, cautiously wading through the jungle. We suddenly have an unexpected 5v5 fight at the bottom speed shrine!

Dissuades players away from the bland “1 mid, 1 bot” idea.
Who knows, maybe it will. The way I see it, why get your points first, which are closer to your repawn anyway, when you can get theirs? (similar to SR’s level 1 invade)

Promotes a more exciting, risk-taking gameplay overall.
This one is a question mark because Revive is too strong in Dominion. Revive forgives people who die out of position and eliminates the advantage gained from a well-coordinated gank. Regardless, the thrill will still be there.

Improves Dominion’s watchability.
I don’t speak for everyone obviously, but I don’t like watching Dominion streams/tournaments. Bot lane has a lot to do with it. Strangely, I despise playing SR, but it’s still enjoyable to watch. SR is the successful model, so why not follow it?

The Fizznity

01-17-2013

Hmm. Only issue I have is then there's a pressure to buy ASAP, so you can get out and claim points. Maybe drop it to 20 seconds to buy and one minute to fight?

Talith PA

01-17-2013

I actually like the start up time on dom. Way too many games where we don't even know who is going bottom lane until 1:19. :P

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

i often used the startup time to have a quick smoke

Ceruse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Start-up time is, imo, necessary to decide who goes where and verify who wishes to build which items depending on enemy comp.
Furthermore, Tear charging time

Laker

01-17-2013

You're missing my point guys. All of that should be decided in champ select anyway. Draft/Ranked practically forces teams to decide who should go where and what to build.

My idea is to NOT be able to capture points (i.e, Riot implements a feature where you can't capture points until a certain time), but are able to freely roam the map before you can start capturing at 1:20, hopefully making the "who goes bot" obsolete.

Phourc

01-17-2013

I'm of the opposite opinion - I think all maps should keep you in base for the first minute so you can take your time buying items and communicating with your allies and enemies.