Are Champions As Awesome As They Could Be? @Morello @Feralpony @IronStylus @Xypherous

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
And yes, thanks for clearing that up!

I'll be off now, so keep up the good discussion! Let's hope Morello has enough time to put aside for answering some of our lengthier posts--I know these take a while to blow through (and answer!) on top of your busy schedule, and again, can't stress enough how much we appreciate your help on this! The sticky and Riot mark have done more than enough to inspire the community to ask some juicy questions and think critically about the game they play (an active community is a healthy community!), but taking the time to actually come in here and crank out the discussion is just a reminder of what exactly give Riot the potential to truly rise above the rest.

It's because of this sort of communication (which is good for any sort of relationship, be it personal, professional, or with clients), stuff like this can happen--meaning League can constantly evolve as a game, and Riot can constantly grow as a company. : )
^ This, Morello.

Going to sleep now aswell - it's 1 AM here now and gotta get up early, been on here way too long yet again.
Morello, you'd make my day if I see you have responded to my post on page 45 (just right under your 21st post in this thread) when I wake up in the morning.

BestBilbo

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis John2 View Post
I tried following the quote links but got lost twice without finding these proposed leona/diana changes that IS liked. Would anyone mind linking me to them?
http://lolredesigns.blogspot.nl/

Just click their splash arts for the Redesign, just find Leona and Diana !

BestBilbo

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Squirrel View Post
The problem with ranged adc is that they are easier to use.

I can still play as Tryndamere just fine, although it just because of my careful earlygame and my undying ultimate

ADCs currently only die to assassins, so as long as the ADC is properly focused, they are not a problem at all.
Except he is completely unviable at high level/competitive play.

ADC's have the utility to screw people over before the fight happens (Ashe arrow), the damage to completely wreck someone (Kog'Maw) or the mobility to kit these champions around (Ezreal, Corki).

Melee AD's don't have this kiting potential or utility from a far - because they are melee. It just puts a clear advantage for range adc's compared to melee adc's - hence melee ADC's have been unviable for ages.

HeyLPG

01-24-2013

Morello, my good sir, doesn't lore contribute to this sense of theme and depth you try to represent in the Leagues champions? I know the department for that kind of stuff isn't dead, The Shadow Isles Lore is amazing proof of that. But since it'll take a week longer for to be Champions are released, shouldn't there be more lore being produced? Has Riot abandoned this concept of design and have it reserved for champion releases and remodels only? Is descriptive thematic lore with depth not a priority for League of Legends anymore? I feel for some reason Riot is falling away from these stories that add to the lovable characters that they produce.

Ghengis John2

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
http://lolredesigns.blogspot.nl/

Just click their splash arts for the Redesign, just find Leona and Diana !
thankyou, bilbo.

Triumph Forks1

01-24-2013

Quote:
Nitpick-champion, already much of a frost arches though now she actually gets to aim and be precise (emphasis on being the ultimate ‘bow’ champion, rather than only having her ult capturing this aspect currently.
So basically more specific themed playstyle, laying more emphasis on using a bow: aiming, being precise.
I feel like your Ashe remake is WAY too much like Varus. Ashe's new E is basically Varus's E, except you can charge it.

ItemsGuy

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph Forks1 View Post
I feel like your Ashe remake is WAY too much like Varus. Ashe's new E is basically Varus's E, except you can charge it.
Please read through these carefully before you raise questions or issues!

Allow me to quote: "(NOTE: This has been reappropriated partially from Varus's kit--if you see an ability that is identical to to one from another champion's kit, then I've probably simply relocated it)"

Varus redesign can be found here, for your convenience (click on "here")!

(EDIT: Also, noticed your name--a bit off topic, but how excited are you for the HD Wii U remake of Wind Waker?)

YamiBelgarath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyLPG View Post
Morello, my good sir, doesn't lore contribute to this sense of theme and depth you try to represent in the Leagues champions? I know the department for that kind of stuff isn't dead, The Shadow Isles Lore is amazing proof of that. But since it'll take a week longer for to be Champions are released, shouldn't there be more lore being produced? Has Riot abandoned this concept of design and have it reserved for champion releases and remodels only? Is descriptive thematic lore with depth not a priority for League of Legends anymore? I feel for some reason Riot is falling away from these stories that add to the lovable characters that they produce.
Agreed. And to be honest, the Shadow Isles isn't really lore- they just keep coming up with random characters, and to avoid having to give them a real background and place in the Runeterran world, they're just like "Oh look, they are from the Shadow Isles, get out of jail free". There's plenty of opportunity for lore- right now I'm working on a Cult of Dreams that worships Nocturne, and a couple champions related to that, and after that I want to do some stuff related to elemental magic and connections to Brand. They have 100+ champions, so plenty of room to create champions and lore related to pre-existent stuff and keep building the world. It just requires creativity and a talent for world building that Riot seems to be struggling with right now.

SLRMercedes

01-24-2013

Tl : Dr

Mikuru BEAMZ

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
I think I may have addressed these problems in my work, actually!

If you have the time, would you mind looking at the ADCs (not including Cait or Ez--they've taken a shift in role for the sake of unity) listed in the "redesigns" section on the first page, and leave some feedback? Do you think they live up to that whole idea of "individuality"--even with similar champs like Kog and Tristan?

Thank you!
Varus I feel is actually great fun to play, i like the way his poke works and blight stacks up, its a nice mechanic and strong in lane. his Q however should be what defines him, but any varus player knows you max e first and then either w or q. With varus i feel like things dont look dramatic enough, you ult and you can barley see it, you burst your blight stacks and nothing visual really happens. Still he is one of my favorite ADC's just slightly underpowered atm mostly due to cooldowns i think.

Redisigning his q or making it more integral to his kit rather than just another way to proc blight might be nice. The way he seems to be pulling back so hard on the bow and how large the arrow is you might think there could be some knockback or pin mechanic too it.

so with Varus essentially i think its more of a overall look thing with his Q being a bit rubbish and his cooldowns too high

I tend to dislike the idea of ADC's with too much escape potential Being vulnerable is part of playing adc's and should be and i think its a big part of way there are so many bad ezreals out there

Im not sure ashe borrowing from varus's kit is nessisary, i always thought that her q should be her passive and should only apply to abilities and her q should be a small steroid that applies frost so you wouldnt loose much from being an ashe player. her ult defiantly needs a higher cast time and should pobably have a larger aoe. but this is still probably the first carry most people pick up and its a 450ip char im not sure she needs lots of skillshots to make her feel like an archer.
if there was to be an added skillshot it would be nice to have a straight line shot coming from her E replacing the original perhaps make it like zigg's q where if you walk under where it was cast too the shot simply passes over your head forcing ashe to have to aim it at you or compensate for movement.

I like the way kogmaw feels atm I love the way he vomits slowing puke on the floor, his q is a bit meh and should perhaps be a flat steroid, but that would hurt AP kog and i wouldnt want that he is pretty rare already. some sort of damage over time effect on his q and r would be nice but i would only transfer the damage and not give it extra damage. the other thing is although he is similar to tristana late he always feels more vulnerable and vulnerable adc's feel very different to play as you are that bit more concerened with not getting cought

i will keep looking