Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Legendary Aether Wing Kayle Takes Flight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bruen11

01-17-2013

I main Kayle and enjoy the heck out of her but this skin I don't care for at all. May have bought just because at a lower price (though probably wouldn't have used much) but legendary it is not. The best feature is her recall? Yeah, not paying 20 dollars to go back to base in style. So much excitement immediately followed by so much disappointment. Hate you guys =(

Corwynt

01-17-2013

They picked a good time to release this as Kayle mid is growing in popularity, but I don't know if this will sell well.

dirtysanchez1

01-17-2013

1820 ... for that?

I, personally, don't purchase skins because I think they're a waste of money, as I'd rather buy rune pages and champions, but even I can see how much of a rip off this skin is. I know you guys price your skins depending on how much effort is put into them, but there comes a point where you're blatantly ripping people off. Battlecast Cho'Gath was worth 1800, for me, solely because it played music. The explosions and sonic booms evidently had effort and thought put into them too. It was overall awesome.

This, from what I can tell, is a great remodel with the same lackluster ultimate, bland animations and a new swinging autoattack. A 7 second charge up recall? Cool idea, but you could've done more with it rather than have her remain in the same position the whole time. Her Q looks nice, but the way Kayle casts it is, again, boring and effortless. W is fine, but the cast animation could be a little more lively, too. E is great, but her ultimate ... really? It's like you had this awesome white-blue theme going on which you dumped for the same yellow circle.

This is worth 1350, the way I see it.

Draykin

01-17-2013

New particle effects? Yes.
New voice over? Yes.
New animations? Yes.

All the workings of a legendary skin, same quality as Eternum Nocturne. Don't know why people didn't expect 1820.

Not saying I think it's worth 1820, both Eternum Nocturne and Aether Wing Kayle seem like 1350s to me, but it's riots pricing.

Eletale

01-17-2013

Quote:
Veelivar:
Her entire lore for this skin goes on about how she lost her wings and had to rebuild them....
So why not actually have her rebuild them as she plays?

It's bland.

Because the story lore says she has already guided her side of the "angles" struggle to victory, which would have needed complete wings.

Plays Talon

01-17-2013

It seems like there is a lot less riot promotion for these legendaries. I miss the old videos that showcased the upcoming skins. It made it feel like the skin had a personality (eg: demonblade tryn and nunu bot).

IWingsofShadowsI

01-17-2013

no worth 1820

Zwiggy

01-17-2013

Agree with what's been said...there is not nearly enough about this skin to make it legendary, and worth 1820 RP

A newborn child

01-17-2013

So basically, Morgana's nightmare that her world becomes a world of automatons with no free will became true. Interesting.

Ragnarock

01-17-2013

Yeah good looking skin with cool animations.... but who really wants to buy a legendary skin for kayle? LEGENDARY UDYR THEME?