Legendary Aether Wing Kayle Takes Flight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggs

Member

01-20-2013

Riot,
this skin really rocks! I only ask you take care of me one more time and bring out a Legendary Taric skin!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeastBox

Senior Member

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNightxRavenx View Post
Its funny how they expect us to pay 1820 for one skin.
I know; it's never happened before ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

toosway

Junior Member

01-20-2013

It would be very smart of Riot to cut the price of this skin in half what with all the complaints on this forum alone. Oh well, I am not a businessman yet so I don't really know the best way for this to work out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TsubakiMK III

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-20-2013

This skin is great but the animations are just a bit too small. all save the ult are twice as cool looking, but maaybe half the size. easy fix make it about the same size as her normal set or at least notable splash and animations like astroteemo's attacks/Q


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tantalis

Senior Member

01-20-2013

From an artistic point of view, her splash art is proportionally just really wrong. Her head is far too small and flat, where as the arms are foreshortened, and she has nfl running back legs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trueslayer

Member

01-20-2013

I think Aether Wing Kayle quality-wise is similar to Headhunter Yi.

Different particle effects with major concept changes on the skin, however not worth the legendary price at all in my opinion. It's not a "bad" skin, but Riot needs to realize how poorly it stacks up prior to their previous Legendary Skins they've released in the past.

Really hoping for an updated model rather than a reduced price. Riot should be expecting community lash back, especially when they're hyping the model on their loading screen. :l


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeastBox

Senior Member

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosway View Post
It would be very smart of Riot to cut the price of this skin in half what with all the complaints on this forum alone. Oh well, I am not a businessman yet so I don't really know the best way for this to work out.
Complaints don't mean squat; they didn't lower the price of DTL and there was quite a bit more outrage over that pricing (and much better justification for it being a 975 RP skin). They'll either make money from the playerbase or they won't, and that's the clearest message you can send.

Although they may try to improve the skin if there's enough outcry; that's happened before too, and honestly, this skin could use some more particle work. A price drop is pretty unlikely, though. Like it or not, the skin meets every objective requirement for a legendary skin price point and that's where it's going to stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalis View Post
From an artistic point of view, her splash art is proportionally just really wrong. Her head is far too small and flat, where as the arms are foreshortened, and she has nfl running back legs.
All the females have effed-up splash art poses. Broken spines for days ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

Senior Member

01-20-2013

Cool effects, but it's an ugly ****ing skin. Seems to be like zero effort in the skin itself. They just took Kayle Unmasked and made it uglier. Riot is really slacking lately.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXS27Xx

Senior Member

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
Complaints don't mean squat; they didn't lower the price of DTL and there was quite a bit more outrage over that pricing (and much better justification for it being a 975 RP skin). They'll either make money from the playerbase or they won't, and that's the clearest message you can send.

Although they may try to improve the skin if there's enough outcry; that's happened before too, and honestly, this skin could use some more particle work. A price drop is pretty unlikely, though. Like it or not, the skin meets every objective requirement for a legendary skin price point and that's where it's going to stay.

All the females have effed-up splash art poses. Broken spines for days ...
Theres "effed-up splash art poses" and then there are things like this skins spalsh art and that of the new default lux, where proportions and/or positioning of body part in relation to eachother is just glaringly off. And on top of that there's the rather sloppy job on Kayle's face in this skin's splash art. Hopefully they will re-do or at least fix it a little... normal skins nowdays and most of the reworks they did on the older champions are so much better than this...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kwisatz Haderach

Senior Member

01-20-2013

I miss back when downvoting announcement threads that we could collapse the first post.