Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Legendary Aether Wing Kayle Takes Flight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior0

01-17-2013

Looks like Riot learned their lesson about making skins 1350.

SymphonicSunrise

01-17-2013

For a legendary skin, you guys sure didn't put a lot of thought into her Q. That particle is weaksauce...

Urf Bender

01-17-2013

Nice!

Arararararara

01-17-2013

I just want a Kayle skin that has the damn helm on (and is not a recolor), is it that hard to make?

Shyke Wolfe

01-17-2013

I really don't like the look of this skin. It's just too... I dunno, standard comes to mind. If it were a bit brighter, some more stand out colours, then maybe. But I can't justify paying that much for a skin this bland.

Ogaflow

01-17-2013

I wrote a large review for this skin on the beta pleading for Riot to work on it some more. I now own all of Kayles skins minus one and it will stay that way because this skin is really not worth the riot points, heck I was on the fence about it at 975. I am sorry that Riot launched this skin in it's current form....

WDine 0110 1001

01-17-2013

nothing makes this skin stand out as legendary, sorry. for what it's worth you could have done a better job, let alone the fact that she's the first female champ to get a legendary

- proud owner of every other legendary skin

The Enthusiast

01-17-2013

I can not believe how spoiled this community is.

Ivern

01-17-2013

This absolutely does not deserve the legendary skin title or price tag. Unless you are going to make something cooler than the classic skin, don't bother, OTHER CHAMPIONS NEED THE ATTENTION MORE.

Vaedryn

01-17-2013

Quote:
SoresuMakashi:
Finally, you guys came through on the "skin lore".

Good to see it. It really gives the skin more character.

EDIT: Also, I don't know why everyone is complaining about value. Kayle's abilities don't naturally lend themselves to the outlandish new animations that we've become used to in the other legendaries. With the lore, VO, and new animations (AA, recall, dance, taunt, abilities, movement), all of which are nicely done, I fail to see what it lacks compared to other legendaries. The way I see it, everyone is just asking for it to be 20% cooler, without offering feasible solutions.

I agree with this ^

I actually LOVE this skin, and even though I don't play Kayle a whole lot, she was the first support champ I learned (yup, Kayle support S2 won me a lot of games) and I am extremely excited to see her getting some much needed attention. I think the skin is great. Yeah it's $20 but guess what, if you don't like the price, don't buy it. Easy as that No need to flame the forums.

EDIT: Wait... $20 of RP is 2800, which means that this skin is just a little over $10. Worth!