Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Make Tryn Playable Pre-30, Riot!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dingding123

01-17-2013

EDIT: The title of this thread should have been "Make Tryn Playable, Riot." Despite my personal experience with him, the only thing he is ever considered for right now is dicking around in normals. Melee carries don't deserve that.

Let me explain something before I begin: I enjoy playing Tryndamere on my lvl 30 account in the jungle. It works out because you all have somehow given him the tools he needs to do it this season. You've given him LS quints and bonuses from masteries such as Battle Fury and Relentless. You've also given him Statikk Shiv, Barrier and the fact that the capability of level 2 ganking isn't nearly as rewarding as it was in S2 so he doesn't feel completely useless in comparison to other damage-oriented junglers pre-4.

But have you even looked at Tryndamere's kit in the hands of a lvl 10 summoner? I have; in fact, I just finished playing a game on my lvl 6 account. It's pathetic. A plat posted here that Tryndamere (in lane) is as weak as a commoner in D&D 3.5. Although I don't believe a melee carry belongs in the early-mid power struggle of top lane I can't help but believe this myself. But what option does a pre-30 summoner without t3 runes and sufficient masteries have other than to send tryn to a lane?

You know what is a necessity on him that you can buy through runes but you don't just give him? Lifesteal. It's crucial for him to have some during mid-late game; of all champions, why not give at least a hint of this to him in his kit? Tryndamere the Barbarian King should not be the one who has to buy a Vampiric Scepter or start games with Lifesteal Quints in order to have more than 0% LS. And don't you dare bring up Bloodlust. Bloodlust's active mid-lategame is a joke.

Fortunately I see a very simple place for Lifesteal in his kit that everyone will probably be happy with - as a passive bonus from Undying Rage. Right now Undying Rage is the most demanding ultimate in the game. It gives you 0 bonus stats for putting points into it; it demands that you have ridiculous amount of attack power to make its existence meaningful, so much so that you cannot afford to purchase lifesteal items other than maybe Doran's Blade, which isn't even lifesteal now.

The bonus doesn't have to be large by any means; it could just be 2% at lvl 1, and 1 more % per level of Undying Rage. That way leveling Undying Rage midgame is at least considerable in comparison to leveling Mocking Shout.

TL;DR: He deserves at least a little (2-4%) Lifesteal for putting points in Undying Rage. There is no excuse to not give a champion who is 100% designed around dealing damage with melee-range autoattacks at least a HINT of lifesteal in his kit.

Kanye Breast

01-17-2013

You make it seem as if he's playable at all

Dingding123

01-17-2013

Quote:
An Actual Dog:
You make it seem as if he's playable at all

Good point.

Wise Squirrel

01-17-2013

He heals with his Q though.

Xeynid

01-17-2013

bloodlust is pretty good...

Shadowfang

01-17-2013

you could have shorted this to melee carrys need a rework

this has nothing to do with runes or masterys but the fact that right now melee champs (specificly ad carry melees) need their abilitys fix'd up like all the other ranged champs have had done to stay current

ThrillOfTheBlunt

01-17-2013

tryndamere is supposed to be the king of pubstompers

BlackAndHael

01-17-2013

How is he not playable pre-30? He's good pre-30 and in ranked.

Got to 30 pretty quickly when I played him only.

Dingding123

01-17-2013

Quote:
BlackAndHael:
How is he not playable pre-30? He's good pre-30 and in ranked.

Got to 30 pretty quickly when I played him only.

Try him on a lvl 1 account, then try Jax.

Praetor Don

01-17-2013

Try AD Master Yi while you're at it.