Veigar Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prabjot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

I was wondering if it was better to build a tear on veigar or if i should go double dorans?

Hasuobs

01-17-2013

Tear. My Veigar build is

Flask+Heath&mana pots>Boots>Ring>Tear>DFG>Sorc. Shoes> Needlessly Large Rod> Void Staff> Hourglass> Archangel's> Rabs

PracticalPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

I don't play Veigar often, but when I do, I often go Flask -> Boots -> Ring 2x -> Rabadon's -> Sorc Shoes -> DFG -> Void Staff -> Hourglass. Usually I'll even skip the Doran's entirely because I already have a Flask.

Hasuob's build is kind of odd to me because for him, Rabs tops out his build. Rabs is such a gigantic boost to your damage that you want to get it earlier on.

I don't get Tear because I don't get AA. Deathcap gives you a much larger "oomph" much earlier in the game and 2x Doran's should be enough to hold you until your base stats catch up if you're not spamming. If you need a defensive item, don't try to build a Seraph's, just get an Hourglass earlier

Tawkoh

01-19-2013

I usually swap out the tear for a chalice and build that into an unholy grail. I find that the extra mana from the arcangel's isn't entirely necessary.

OwlMechanic

01-19-2013

Tear, he's one of the few characters that really doesn't suffer loss at the missing ap since a couple of waves in will get you to the same level dorans would put you, it helps with his possible infinite scaling, and when you want a full combo to go because your jungle there chalice wont always cut it since the full combo is a pretty huge amount of mana. (A problem I dont often have unless they push really hard and force you to use meteor to farm)

Fluffy1

01-19-2013

high mana pool means your passsive isnt doing much, your better off with the chalice, such high regen means you never really run low enough to not be able to cast with his cooldowns

Bad Player

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
high mana pool means your passsive isnt doing much, your better off with the chalice, such high regen means you never really run low enough to not be able to cast with his cooldowns
No, his passive scales with both mana regen and max mana.

Anyway, at level 18, Veigar has 1240 base mana. He can get 180 from masteries, and 750 from Archangel's/Seraph's, for a total of 2170. This turns into 65 AP from Archangel's/Seraph's. If you have a fully-charged Rod of Ages, it gives 85 AP instead. (Athene's gives 60 AP, for the record.) So in the end, AA/Seraph's gives slightly more AP than Athene's, has a different defense mechanic (shield rather than just MR), but does not have any CDR.

It's hard to give a definitive answer, but two times I'd suggest considering getting a chalice over a tear is if you have a jungler who loves blue (once you get chalice you can spam everything forever), if you're facing a dangerous AP lane opponent (for instance, Kass), or if youu know you're going to want/need the CDR from Athene's.