Is it just me, or is the Tribunal System TOO strict and overbearing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoinTBlanK86

01-17-2013

I think my title says it all...'Is it just me, or is the Tribunal System TOO strict and overbearing?

Don't get me wrong, I want actual trolls and truly toxic players to get suspended/banned, but do I care if someone gets kind of upset if a game goes terribly wrong, or if two teammates try to work things out, but inevitably end up arguing some when trying to work out their two different views on the game? No. Do I care if someone says a 'bad word' every now and then? No, because I know that everyone has different views and opinions, and that with a game that is SO team-oriented and, yet, can be played SO many different ways, teammates trying to work things out, aka 'arguing', is going to happen in games. Now, before someone tries to go and troll quote me and say something ridiculously stupid like 'those players are apparently BOTH toxic, ban them both I say! (herpderp)' or something along those lines, understand that I just gave Explanation, AND Reasoning, while all you are doing is posting your opinion, which, by the way, is no better than mine anyone elses, so please before you respond...lose the Superiority complex(sad that I have to include that in my posts in the 'tribunal ban inquiries' section, since you all are supposed to be the 'malevolent' souls who have done no wrong. Hahhh.

So what am I asking for here you might ask? Well if you have read any of my other posts in this forum, you will see that I present some clear problems with the 'rules' the Tribunal System and 'Summoner's Code' tries to make all players adhere to. The rules are NOT clearly laid out, you can and WILL be punished for doing certain things that are/are not explained in the 'Summoner's Code'. So what I'm asking then, is why are we allowing a system that is SO undeniably STRICT, when rules are not even fully laid out, and even if they were...as I mentioned above this game is very team-oriented and can be played MANY different ways that not everyone is going to agree on. So how can you even punish for some certain things when for all you know, the style they were playing could very well work, and just because you're playing ANOTHER way in the game as well, the two ways obviously don't mix. Does it mean that player should be punished or banned for playing that way?....what if the two players try to work it out and inevitably argue some? (It happens, people disagree. IMO, stop crying and reporting anyone and everyone for ANY little thing you can think to click that button for). Honestly, I think this system allows people to be able to have TOO soft of skin. You don't have to put up with ANYTHING. Someone doesn't perform to 'your standards', reported. Someone didn't talk exactly how you would have talked, or you said something to them, and they didn't immediately listen to or agree with YOUR **OPINION**, Reported. Report, report, report. That's the new craze in LOL. And what is worse is that Lyte and Wookie try to use that as a 'statistic'. As if that number somehow is perfect, without prejudice or flaw....."You've been reported in 10%,15%,20% of your games, clearly there's a problem with this one, Hmph." Reported in 20% of games....when people will click that report button for damn near anything? You think that 'statistic' is bulletproof, really? I've taken Stats classes, I've worked more than I have ever cared to in Excel and @Risk. More than you can shake a stick at, and THAT is how I know that trying to use that as a 'reliable' statistic is Hogwash. I've been told SO many times in games that I'm getting reported before I even say anything in chat it is RIDICULOUS. Because I die twice in 10-15 minutes (which by no means is feeding, please. Obviously it's not doing great depending on how many kills and assists you have...but feeding?....No.) someone wants to get their feelings hurt and "Report, Report, Report", because their team isn't doing as good as they want it to be.

Change the System, Clearly define REASONABLE rules, and allow room for People to be PEOPLE. STOP allowing people to get suspended and banned over the most minuscule things. If you're skin is that soft, then I can only assume that you're only life is on this game, because you sure as hell aren't lasting 10 minutes in any real life social scenario. You certainly aren't watching Tosh.O or anything else that might possibly hurt your fragile depiction that every person in this world should apparently act and be exactly the same.

MFKrazed

01-17-2013

It's just you.

SchierkeWiking

01-17-2013

Only around 2% of players ever make it to the Tribunal.

1 in 50. Does that sound strict and overbearing?

Leo2k5

01-17-2013

Riot purposefully made the Summoner's Code somewhat vague so that people wouldn't try to rules-lawyer their way around it, obeying the letter but not the spirit of the law. Tribunal allows the community as a whole to define what is acceptable and what is not. It's actually a much more fair system that way, to my mind. If you think it's too strict, then you can do your part by participating and putting in your pardon votes.

Exploding Barrel

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchierkeWiking View Post
Only around 2% of players ever make it to the Tribunal.

1 in 50. Does that sound strict and overbearing?
Not to mention half of those never come back to the Tribunal after getting a warning.

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

No. I like it how it is. It helps people like myself to be better players -

Kirska

01-17-2013

You again?

OP got permabanned, apparently still raging about it, just trying to find new ways to do so I guess.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t=pointblank86

Also does not seem to know what "malevolent" means...

Koelio

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
You again?

OP got permabanned, apparently still raging about it, just trying to find new ways to do so I guess.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t=pointblank86

Also does not seem to know what "malevolent" means...
I noticed that last part too haha.

Also, I find it interesting that OP and others like him prove Wookie so right so often. He said the toxic players are the ones that want everything black and white.

TBJack

01-17-2013

Quote:
I think this system allows people to be able to have TOO soft of skin
Quote:
If you're skin is that soft
I really wish you'd stop talking about how soft my skin is, it's getting creepy O_o

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBJack View Post
I really wish you'd stop talking about how soft my skin is, it's getting creepy O_o
Next he's gonna start talking about your showering habits, and then we're going to have to get the police involved.